What's new

Another "What?!" Moment

ardchoille

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here using my iPhone 6 and double-pressed the home button to open the previous app. The desired app wasn't there so I scrolled to the home screen.. and passed it to find this (see attached screenshot). Once again I've found a feature I never knew existed. Seems iOS devices talk to each other more than I realized.

image.jpg

I use Handoff a LOT. Especially for texting, notepad and web browsing. My wife says she hates when I switch to the iMac for texting because I can type at 160 WPM vs the 60 I do on the iPad and iPhone. I can basically text bomb her in just two minutes. LOL

I use Handoff a LOT. Especially for texting, notepad and web browsing. My wife says she hates when I switch to the iMac for texting because I can type at 160 WPM vs the 60 I do on the iPad and iPhone. I can basically text bomb her in just two minutes. LOL

I do that too except I switch from my iPhone to my iPad and use a Bluetooth keyboard. I can't type at 160 WPM, but I do type a lot faster with a real keyboard vs a virtual keyboard.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I prefer typing on my Mac too and often switch away from my iPhone.

@J. A. Ah, thank you for that information, very good to know! Yes, I love Handoff, makes things so much easier.

I can type about as fast as I can read on a physical keyboard, but my averages slows to a crawl when I type on the iOS keyboard.

Well, from what I'm reading about iOS 9, this Handoff screen that I found will be seeing a much different use because it's slated to be used for Proactive Siri. I wonder what Apple have planned for Handoff in iOS 9.