What's new

Another iPhone 7 Leak Shows White Band Again & Hints at Laser AF for Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-7-leaked-pic-may-2016.jpeg

The latest rumored pic and intel for the iPhone 7 just hit the web. This one doesn't vary too widely from what we have seen before. The leaked image shows off the white band across the top and bottom of the iPhone 7, which is supposedly the new way that Apple handles the antennae.

This pic shows off a gold colored iPhone, and the camera bump/profusion is still prominent as well. Along with the leaked pic we have a rumored feature. Supposedly Apple has included a laser autofocus for the camera this time. Sound off and let us know what you think of this latest leak.

Source: SlashGear

Does that mean the antenna is exposed ??

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Does that mean the antenna is exposed ??

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.
No exposed antenna from what I can see. The white plastic bands on the top and bottom are where the wifi and cellular antennas are placed.

RF signals are blocked by metal, especially when placed 1mm next to metal. Apple has to create an open non metal area for the RF signals to transmit and be received - the white plastic.

Laser auto focus sounds good, I've never had a camera yet with laser focus, but friends say lasers focus faster. Laser focus is not a big deal when taking photos in the sunshine or outside on a bright day, but at night or dark scenes, laser focus can focus much faster for general nighttime photography.

If I needed to take lots of low light photos, this new laser focus iPhone would make me buy one on release day. However most photos I take are outside or in a fairly bright room.

For work TSCM/Surveillance work, occasionally I need to run up to a car in the pitch dark to snap a photo of a car license plate and car model. The SureFire V1 Vampire provides perfect invisible IR light the iPhone 6 picks up great and near instant focus.