What's new

annoying whoop sms sent sound will not go away

liquidzinc

Reaction score
hey guys

i have tried everything and there is no way i can remove the whoop sound which plays when i send a sms / text message. The only way my jailbroken iphone does not play it is when the phone is on silent, all i want is to disable this sound.

I have even tried to ssh to the iphone to look for this annoying sound to hard delete it but there is no "uisounds" folder that i can find which was apparently where the iphone 3g kept its sounds.

If anyone can help it would be great, there is also a discussion about this on the apple forums, its a definite bug.

thanks

welcome to the forum, yes it can be very annoying. the only thing you can do that i know of is put silent on while sending your texts, your looking at the phone so you wont miss calls... apple should give you the option to mute it. its the same sound that sends when you send messages on ichat

Wouldn't it be possible just to replace the "SentMessage.caf" file with your new one with silence?

or even just take a .txt file and rename it to that and replace it so there is nothingness

not sure, but on the 3gs its in
Code:
 /System/Library/Audio/UISounds
Could be on the same spot, remeber to make a backup of the file if you change anything via SSH

** the *.caf files are just renamed .AIFF files

Check this video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uei4WMBTVH8[/ame]