What's new

Android

KingIphone83

Reaction score
Hats the point of me having a iPhone which I've loved since the 1st one if droids gone have all the luxuries we have smh

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

KingIphone83 said:
Hats the point of me having a iPhone which I've loved since the 1st one if droids gone have all the luxuries we have smh

Uhmmm....Ok

He was trying to type:

What's the point of me having an iPhone, which I've loved since the 1st one, if Droids are going to have all the luxuries we have? SMH = Shaking My Head.

First off Android has MORE luxuries than iOS. Examples would be:

1) It took iOS 5 major versions to get a notification system that was worth something. Android had it nearly from day one.

2) You can replace core apps. Apple I doubt will ever allow this.

3) You can customize Android. Apple may finally do some simply customizing in iOS 6 but that is just probably hope on my part.

Now the big difference between Android and iOS is simple. iOS is more stable. Because it doesn't have all this overhead Android has. Which is why a lot of people leave Android for iOS.

But to address your original question, it would be better to ask "When is Apple going to catch iOS up to all the luxuries Android already has"?

I find luxuries are things that i enjoy working on a day to day basis, not something i have to always reset, not something with a 4.6in monster screen, not something with terrible battery life, not something that has no consistency between platform (motoblur act..), not something with limited accesories..... pretty much i think the iPhone has all luxuries you need

Okay I came from Android and had them all hacked and set up nice. BUT...... battery life sucked, because the hacks were rushed you had to constantly update your rom and kernel to keep the thing running smooth and to be reliable. There are some really great apps available to Android that I understand would be available if my iPhone was jailbroke (but I have a 4s on 5.1 so that is not happening anytime soon). So yeah there are some niceities in Android but I prefer the iPhone stability and battery life waaaaaay more. I have to admit I don't even miss the larger screen especially when I can go all day and never worry about having to plug my phone up because the battery is about to die.

Once I jailbreak my iPhone I have all the luxuries Android has with more stability.

I would rather have a phone that is very stable that I have to hack to modify(while keeping stability might I add) then have a phone that can be modified out of the box at costs of stability and security.

My reasoning is quite simple I think.

I've had a droidX, iphone 4, and now a galaxy nexus and I have to say andriod is getting there for sure. The diff between the droidx and the galaxy nexus is night and day. Now with that being said the iphone is most definitely better out of the box. You just pick it up use it and not have to tweak this or tweak that and the one thing that has me wanting to come back to the iphone the butter smoothness.

If you enjoy tweaking a phone then get a nice andriod but if you just want the phone to be great right out the box iphone it is.

Last edited:
hinds90 said:
I've had a droidX, iphone 4, and now a galaxy nexus and I have to say andriod is getting there for sure. The diff between the droidx and the galaxy nexus is night and day. Now with that being said the iphone is most definitely better out of the box. You just pick it up use it and not have to tweak this or tweak that and the one thing that has me wanting to come back to the iphone the butter smoothness.

If you enjoy tweaking a phone then get a nice andriod but if you just want the phone to be great right out the box iphone it is.

Yeah but you can have a "tweaked" out iPhone that is just as tweaked out as any Android while still twice as stable and "butter smooth" because iPhones an still be jailbroken...which makes tweaking and customizing very easy.
My friends Android is rooted and just plain confusing...(tho that could simply be because I am not familiar with it...but I understand a few things, and still think its slightly less "simple" to use then an iPhone)

My iPhone is very heavily modified and it is way smoother then my friends Android. Cannot recall what model it is tho. maybe I'll get back on that.

Lol I want argue that the iPhone is a more stable phone than majority of andriod phones because I like the iPhone myself just hate the smaller screen. I've had both and andriod is far easier to tweak especially phones with unlocked boot loaders but that's my personal opinion. Lol I want my zombie Gunship back though.