What's new

Android vs. iPhone dilemma

I just went through the exact same debate, Ended up with the iPhone 5S. It seems like every android phone I get gets "buggy" and glitchy after a few months of use. Even after I stopped rooting them, same thing. They seem antiquated after 6 months where as my friends with iphones have older (I mean like 2 years old - which is ANCIENT for an android) that are still functioning very well and suffer from NO glitches.. That's what made up my mind. Android almost makes you feel like you've gotta swap devices every other month plus the glitches, I just finally said Forgetta bout it! I hope I made the right decision. Love it so far!

Kind of a late reply to this thread... BUT since I am a retired Pharmacist who also still uses Micromedex as the original poster wants to do...all I can say is that it is available for the iPhone and Android so its no big deal which type of phone you end up buying...

That said IF you messed with your Android every day I'm wondering if you will be bored to death with the iPhone...you just can not "customize" it nearly as much as an Android...

I have an iPhone 5 (no plans on upgrading to the 5S) BUT when my contract is up I know I'm going to give serious thought to going back to Android...I just do not like the iPhone as much as my old Android... NOT KNOCKING the iPhone ...it works but I can't play with it lol

Bob G

Kind of a late reply to this thread... BUT since I am a retired Pharmacist who also still uses Micromedex as the original poster wants to do...all I can say is that it is available for the iPhone and Android so its no big deal which type of phone you end up buying...

That said IF you messed with your Android every day I'm wondering if you will be bored to death with the iPhone...you just can not "customize" it nearly as much as an Android...

I have an iPhone 5 (no plans on upgrading to the 5S) BUT when my contract is up I know I'm going to give serious thought to going back to Android...I just do not like the iPhone as much as my old Android... NOT KNOCKING the iPhone ...it works but I can't play with it lol

Bob G

Yes, I went back to my HTC One not because the iphone is a bad phone, but I could not get used to the keyboard I need a trace type keyboard. I also use Evernote a lot and I could not create a note to calender event. Maybe there is a way but I got annoyed trying to figure it out. Playing with my phone was the other big thing, I was bored with the 5s within two weeks. I still take the iPhone 5s out the box for close up photos, it takes better macro pics then the HTC one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bob G

I've used both OS's. There are advantages and disadvantages to each system. For me, first and foremost the device is a phone. I find the iPhone provides better call quality so I stay with the iPhone.

I rooted my Android and I've jailbroken my iPhone. IMO, this opens the door to do as much or as little customization as I want. I do fine that iOS is more forgiving when I make a mistake.

I hope this is helpful;.

Mike

I've used both OS's. There are advantages and disadvantages to each system. For me, first and foremost the device is a phone. I find the iPhone provides better call quality so I stay with the iPhone.
Mike

I've wondered about the primary job for which we all have phones. For me, I'm sometimes startled when my iPhone plays a tune I didn't ask for. I would cut talk minutes drastically for more data. But, then, being retired, I may not need voice as some do. Also, I have found that, with everyone losing their landline habit, it's less intrusive to text contractors than to do the time-wasting voicemail dance.

Woesong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've wondered about the primary job for which we all have phones. For me, I'm sometimes startled when my iPhone plays a tune I didn't ask for. I would cut talk minutes drastically for more data. But, then, being retired, I may not need voice as some do. Also, I have found that, with everyone losing their landline habit, it's less intrusive to text contractors than to do the time-wasting voicemail dance.

Woesong

I'd be concerned that my phone plays a ring tune I did not select from the stock list or install myself. Is the mystery ring a stock ring tone?

I lost my unlimited data when I upgraded to a 5 S. I keep my phone connected to my home wifi network so that helps with any data limits.

Like you, I've found that many prefer receiving a text message instead of speaking with me. Not sure I understand or agree but our communication skills and methods have changed so I try to accommodate.

Mike

I'd be concerned that my phone plays a ring tune I did not select from the stock list or install myself. Is the mystery ring a stock ring tone?
Like you, I've found that many prefer receiving a text message instead of speaking with me. Not sure I understand or agree but our communication skills and methods have changed so I try to accommodate.

Mike

No, no, I just meant I'm surprised when a call comes in because I use the phone for other matters.

When you place a voice call, it means the other party must drop what she is doing and attend to you on your schedule unless you leave your message on voicemail. Also, there is the matter of verbal communication; lots of room for misunderstanding. With text, you can be clear and concise and the other party can take it up as she will. Also there is a written record.

This helped recently in an online neighborhood road repair email chain when a batty neighbor wrote that something both did and didn't happen. The fault was obvious in writing and would've been an endless quibble in talk.

Woesong