What's new

Android Picture Messages Come through as Group Chat

Nickz28ss

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 7 Plus running IOS 10.3.1, When I receive a picture message from an Android phone, it comes as a group message between me, myself and the person that sent it. It doesn't happen from iPhones. It just started happening. One day it worked normal and then the next day it started doing this. I didn't update the phone or do anything in the settings to change it.

Anyone know how to fix this? Kind of irritating to have to go back and forth between two chat logs just to see a picture.

My messages will do that, and also change to multimedia messages when received from certain provider/phone combinations though never from Apple devices.

I guess I should've elaborated more. I switched from Android to iOS using move to iOS app (correct name?). All the text messages I sent ending up sending to there person intended and one to myself. This happened on both SMS, MMS, and MMS group messaging. There only solution I found was to delete my text messages and start from scratch, it's been fine since.

Have you recently switched from and Android device?

No I've had the iPhone 7 Plus for about 6 months, and before that I have the 6 Plus for a year.

But this issue just started happening. Literally on Friday it was working without issues and the Saturday all the sudden it started doing this.