What's new

And this week....4.2.10

Se here downloaded 4.2.9 and lost the hotspot ability. Anyone have any ideas

I got my iPhone at 4.2.8 and after calling VZ to activate hotspot, it's been there, plus remains on there after 4.2.9. Was hotspot unlimited and a "free" feature prior? When I got the phone a few weeks ago, although data is unlimited, the hotspot/tethering is $20/month for 2GB.

Rivergoat said:
I got my iPhone at 4.2.8 and after calling VZ to activate hotspot, it's been there, plus remains on there after 4.2.9. Was hotspot unlimited and a "free" feature prior? When I got the phone a few weeks ago, although data is unlimited, the hotspot/tethering is $20/month for 2GB.

I had activated 3G Mobile Hotspot feature on my iPhone 4 since I got it almost a month ago and it was there in 4.2.8 but not in 4.2.9.

Well, I just updated the firmware to 4.2.10 (all the site says is a security update, I suppose it could be more ways to block JB like was said about 4.2.9; doesn't matter to me as I do not intend to JB my phone). Anyway, after the update, Personal Hotspot, and all my other settings, are in place just fine.

verizon needs to get on the newest software of 4.3.x and im wondering if they are going to keep doing this with the ios5?

verizon needs to get on the newest software of 4.3.x and im wondering if they are going to keep doing this with the ios5?

I hope not. All iPhone users should enjoy ios5 together. I hope they don't continue that method. Or I might go back to my blackberry. Ha who am I fooling

iCrank said:
I hope not. All iPhone users should enjoy ios5 together. I hope they don't continue that method. Or I might go back to my blackberry. Ha who am I fooling

Yeah I hope not either cause I really want to have it

iOS 5 is pretty awesome. I haven't heard of gsm and CDMA having different features. I'm pretty sure it's all the same.

Cain01 said:
iOS 5 is pretty awesome. I haven't heard of gsm and CDMA having different features. I'm pretty sure it's all the same.

Well that's good I'm glad to hear that

iOS 5 is in beta 4 stage for all devices that are going to get it, including the CDMA iPhone 4.

No reason to think it won't be released along with the other versions, since they are all testing alongside one another. Of course, I guess that assumes Verizon doesn't have some last-minute issues they didn't bother to bring up during the beta testing period.

I am personally being testing all the betas available for the CDMA iPhone 4 and I believe that all the mentioned features are present in the CDMA betas. I cannot comment on the comparison as I do not know anyone who is testing the GSM version.

Like Dave said above, I think both of the versions will be released together unless otherwise manipulated by Verizon... Which they do a lot of times as I have heard with android platform and also why CDMA is still on 4.2.9 when GSM is well ahead of that...

sid_wisc said:
I am personally being testing all the betas available for the CDMA iPhone 4 and I believe that all the mentioned features are present in the CDMA betas. I cannot comment on the comparison as I do not know anyone who is testing the GSM version.

Like Dave said above, I think both of the versions will be released together unless otherwise manipulated by Verizon... Which they do a lot of times as I have heard with android platform and also why CDMA is still on 4.2.9 when GSM is well ahead of that...

Yeah that is understandable