Analyst Says the Next iPhone will be a 4S, Not the iPhone 5

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5G.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another day, another round of speculation about the next iPhone, this time from BMO Capital analyst Keitch Bachman, who, according to Barron’s Tech Trader Daily blog, has some rather disappointing news. Bachman says that the next phone from Apple will only be an iPhone 4S, and that it will be arriving later than his previous prediction of late in the September quarter. Because of this, Bachman has even cut his estimate for Apple’s iPhone sales in the September quarter down to 17 million from his previous estimate of 18 million. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BGR reports that Bachman has poured cold water on the idea that Apple will be releasing two iPhones in September, one high-end model and one cheaper, low-spec model, by saying that the iPhone 3GS will continue to be the “low-end” iPhone, and that the iPhone 4S will be very similar indeed to the current iPhone 4, and not the complete redesign that others have been talking up. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Apple: Just One New iPhone In September, Says BMO - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com; via [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No second iPhone model in September, just the 'iPhone 4S,' analyst says[/FONT]

If the 4S will be similar to the 4, why even produce it? How big an upgrade will the 4 need in order for it to evolve to 4S? If it will have the upgrades the white iPhone 4 has plus additional tweaks to certain areas, then maybe it would make more sense.

If the 4S will be similar to the 4, why even produce it? How big an upgrade will the 4 need in order for it to evolve to 4S? If it will have the upgrades the white iPhone 4 has plus additional tweaks to certain areas, then maybe it would make more sense.

The hardware of the iPhone 4gs will be more powerful than the actual iPhone 4. By the time the 4gs will be receiving iOS upgrade to iOS 7 the iPhone phone 4 will stop receiving upgrade at iOS 6.

That seems interesting enough :> I wonder what else will be come with iOS 7, if ever. And if Apple can perfect iOS 6 or 7, wow.

Apple should open up custom colors as an upgrade. Add a few more colors to the black and white like red,navy blue and maybe yellow and green?

That seems interesting enough :> I wonder what else will be come with iOS 7, if ever. And if Apple can perfect iOS 6 or 7, wow.

Everything will be under control, I bet that by that time, camera will be block from recording concert videos, you will be able to use your phone and pay basic things like subway tickets, pay your bills, it will not be a phone no more but your simply your ID, your passport, your bank accounts, your market to purchase whatever you want, it will be your cinema spot, your news spot, your school schedules, it will be a very dangerous tool as it will officially track you and know everything about you like, the time you wake up the time you sleep, the site you love the most, the music type you love, the contact you call the most, your favorite markets and the type of things you like, and reports of all these will be made wekly automaticaly from the phone and be sent to a special unit who will save it for later use. There will not be anything about investigating to know where have you been yesterday, who called you, who did you called, when was the last time you read your email, who did you send sms to when you woked up, how much you spend in a month, where you get money from etc... Every single details will be in that reports, and it will come to the point that before you buy an iphone or even a phone (because it will spread to other phones) you will be forced to sign and agree to those rules, unless you refuse to have all those technologies named up here and agree to use a nokia n97 like I used to have long long ago :)

That will be awesome! Who'd say no to very convenient features like the ones in Apple's iOS? :D Not saying that we should all get into the bandwagon, but seriously, these features and specialties will make everyday living so much easier.

That will be awesome! Who'd say no to very convenient features like the ones in Apple's iOS? :D Not saying that we should all get into the bandwagon, but seriously, these features and specialties will make everyday living so much easier.

Sure convenient, but no more privacy.

Privacy is an illusion. The last time someone had privacy, in the modern world as we know it, was back in the 1930s.

I'd rather go for an iPhone 5 instead. If it will really be produced. If not, then I'll think about the 4S :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

there will be another conference on the 19th July according to news that we will likely see some new mac airs and lion OsX.. i wonder if they will announce the new iphone then as well