What's new

Amazon Devices VP Says HomePod’s Siri and Echo’s Alexa Should be Able to Interact

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon's Alexa and HomePod's Siri should be able to talk to each other.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that Amazon’s senior VP of Devices, David Limp, has been talking about the threat, or not, to Amazon’s Echo from Apple’s newly announced HomePod. Talking to USA Today, Limp said that it should certainly be possible for Siri and Alexa to talk to each other, although he wasn’t sure that Apple would be so accommodating on the matter.

“You should be able to tell ‘Alexa, ask Siri X.’ If Apple or Google want to come calling, my phone number is out there, they can call…I don’t know if I can envision it but I hope that will happen on behalf of customers.”

When asked by USA Today if he considered HomePod to be a serious competitor to Amazon’s Alexa product range, Limp said that HomePod was “a little different philosophically” to Amazon’s products because of its “premium price.” Limp even pointed out that you can get eight Echo Dots for the same price as one HomePod.

“When people are starting to spend…hundreds of dollar per speaker, I think generally they’re going to want choice,” Limp told USA Today, adding “people’s tastes in speakers are unbelievably personal.”

The early hands-on reviews for HomePod suggest that it is every bit the hi-fi-quality device that Apple has been promising.

Source: Amazon exec says Siri & Alexa should be able to talk to each other, HomePod not a huge threat