What's new

All Three New iPhone Models Said to Have Entered Mass Production State

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
All three iPhones are now at the mass production stage.JPG

AppleInsider has some fantastic news today for everyone waiting for the new iPhone lineup, with DigiTimes reporting that according to its sources, mass production is already underway on all three new iPhones, despite other recent rumours that claimed that iPhone 8 mass production would not start until the middle of September. The source also said that there would be two LCD iPhone models and one OLED model, which ties in with the majority of recent rumours and leaks.

However, while the source says that production is going ahead on all three models, they added that there could possibly be shortages of the iPhone 8 OLED model, which is, again, something we’ve been hearing a lot lately, in particular from the usually very well sourced Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities.

Elsewhere, yet more pictures of a mock-up of the copper-coloured iPhone 8 emerged today on Giga.de, via AppleInsider. Based on this dummy, this really does look like a very strange colour option.

Sources: New report says Apple's 'iPhone 8' already in mass production, despite recent claims

New dummy unit of Apple's 'iPhone 8' shows off alleged gold/copper color

I wonder when Apple will officially announce the iPhone 8 event?

I wonder when Apple will officially announce the iPhone 8 event?
They'll have to at some point if they want the press to attend. There'll have to be enough lead time so reporters and invited guests have enough time to get to the announcement. I'm wondering if it will be the first official event in the new theatre on the new Apple campus. Apple wants all the publicity it can get, on its own terms.

Reactions: 933