What's new

All I Want Is A Ringtone, And I'm Baffled

pawneefork

Reaction score
Where... how... can I find a ringtone and install it on my iP 4S? I want the sound of Native American flute music to play and not only can I not find that, but I don't understand the iTune site or how to use it. Yeah, I'm old, but I was operating main frames when they used punch cards. so you'd think I could figure this out.

Thanks DarkStar. Reminds me of the day I sat down and cracked a book on COBOL programming. Never finished it.

My point stands though, that the world's most popular phone should have piles of ringtones which you should be able to drag and drop into your Settings folder -- but it doesn't. The most customizable thing about a phone, other than the desktop image, and it doesn't. I'm going to write Steve a strongly worded letter! : )

Thanks DarkStar. Reminds me of the day I sat down and cracked a book on COBOL programming. Never finished it.

My point stands though, that the world's most popular phone should have piles of ringtones which you should be able to drag and drop into your Settings folder -- but it doesn't. The most customizable thing about a phone, other than the desktop image, and it doesn't. I'm going to write Steve a strongly worded letter! : )

Your very welcome!
Although, Steve passed away last year
:(, so you'll have to email Tim Cook. The current CEO of Apple.

I do agree the current ringtone process is more aggravating than most, but it'll be easy once you get the hang of it. :)

I do agree the current ringtone process is more aggravating than most, but it'll be easy once you get the hang of it. :)
Wanted to bring this back to the top... and say this is the method I use for making ringtones. I like having my own personal touch when it comes to the tones I have set for people. This way allows you to have precise control of where a tone stops and starts. Like Darkstar stated above, once you've used this method a few times you'll get the hang of it.

I use a simple app called Ringtone Designer to make ringtones right on my phone. You still need to connect to iTunes and move the resulting file off your phone then back into the ringtone area, but it works very well to make a ringtone from any existing song on your iPhone.

I use a simple app called Ringtone Designer to make ringtones right on my phone. You still need to connect to iTunes and move the resulting file off your phone then back into the ringtone area, but it works very well to make a ringtone from any existing song on your iPhone.
I like this method as well. What process does it use for moving it from your iPhone to iTunes?