What's new

Alarm on vibrate only?

gmichaeln

Reaction score
can one set the alarm on an iphone4 just to vibrate? no sound at all? I did it with Droid. I will have to take the phone back if I cann't do it.

thanks for your help

yes,just go into Settings-sounds and set it to vibrate on ring or silent,then slide the mute button on the side of the phone to off.

I don't think this will work. I think you need to first save a silent ringtone (google this) then set it as your tone for that specific alarm.

That is correct. Even with the mute switch set, all alarms will still play. So you must add a "silent" mp3 to your iOS device and then assign it when you create the alarm.

can one set the alarm on an iphone4 just to vibrate? no sound at all? I did it with Droid. I will have to take the phone back if I cann't do it.

thanks for your help
ah yes,sorry,missed that you wanted no sound at all,i use mine the way i described but get a slight buzz when a message comes.

Thank you guys. I don't know if I'd know how to add a silent mp3 to the operating system, but i will try. hard to believe one has to do all that to achieve something that a regular phone has been doing for ever...those iheads!

Google "iPhone silent ringtone" for step by step instructions and a free download.

It's a trivial process that will take you about 2 minutes to complete.