What's new

AirPods

iOS 10.3 adds the AirPods to Find My iPhone. It will only work with the last device the AirPods were paired with. When activated, the AirPods will play a loud tone which will enable you to find them if they're anywhere nearby.
What is this madness you speak of? i need 10.3! Come on Apple. Get it out of beta!

Ah right, I might go and try some in, I don't normally like anything in my ears but I try them and see if they will suit me.
Someone went int to test them in store the other day when I went in to pickup my iWatch. I was kinda shocked too, but the Apple guys said, like Spencer, that they clean them with alcohol in front of you.

I usually stay away from betas. This is left over from my Android days when something was always broken during the beta.
That's why Apple recommends that you never install a beta on your primary device but only on a secondary device that you don't mind erasing if problems develop.

What's the verdict from you guys that have had a while to play with them? £159 is too steep for me, as much as I'm trying to convince myself they're worth it.

What's the verdict from you guys that have had a while to play with them? £159 is too steep for me, as much as I'm trying to convince myself they're worth it.

I was on the fence about the price as well but not anymore. They are definitely worth it in my honest opinion. I have used them daily for the last month and I'm totally enjoying my Apple AirPods [emoji1476][emoji1474][emoji41]

$159 isn't that much more than any other set of wireless earbuds. Price shouldn't be your concern, if you're looking at these. Comfort and fit should be what you're after. I covered that in an earlier post in this thread. As far as would I purchase again, I've actually considered purchasing a second pair in case I lose this pair, so its a resounding YES! for me.

$159 isn't that much more than any other set of wireless earbuds. Price shouldn't be your concern, if you're looking at these. Comfort and fit should be what you're after. I covered that in an earlier post in this thread. As far as would I purchase again, I've actually considered purchasing a second pair in case I lose this pair, so its a resounding YES! for me.
I'm definitely going to get to an Apple store and try them in, If I like them I will just have to wait the six weeks or so to get them :)

So far l have not seen one solitary person wearing these things out and about. I have seen lots wearing normal headphones and earphones, is that just the price?
I do not live in Cologne or Berlin maybe that's the reason, can't say.

So far l have not seen one solitary person wearing these things out and about. I have seen lots wearing normal headphones and earphones, is that just the price?
I do not live in Cologne or Berlin maybe that's the reason, can't say.

It may be like when I lived in Los Angeles, I had never seen a Lamborghini or Ferrari before and assumed hardly anyone really bought them. To my surprise they are almost like Toyotas out there (along with a ton of other exotic cars). It may be availability, but it may be location.

I saw somebody this afternoon wearing the Air Pods. Oddly enough, when he went back to his table and his Mac, he reverted back to the standard ear buds.