What's new

AirPods

They wouldn't feel the same though, I would need to try the real thing. I'm not 100% on this but I think anything ordered from Apple online can be returned for any reason, even if you have tried the product, I will check this out first though.
You'd probably be able to try them out at an Apple Store before deciding whether or not to buy them.

I'm sure they can be made to fit. It might require minor surgery or assistance from a roll of duct tape. No big deal.

My problem is I have small ears so they might not fit me.....Do they come in small, medium and large? ;)
What I'd like to see is to be able to purchase the right and left units separately as many people have ears that vary slightly in size. My EarPods fit perfectly in the right ear but are just a bit too big for my left ear.

I'm sure they can be made to fit. It might require minor surgery or assistance from a roll of duct tape. No big deal.
Duct tape can do anything. Mythbusters even made a working cannon out of nothing but duct tape.

What I'd like to see is to be able to purchase the right and left units separately as many people have ears that vary slightly in size. My EarPods fit perfectly in the right ear but are just a bit too big for my left ear.
Or you might need to replace one for some reason so yes that would be a good idea.

IMG_7963.JPG
Yup.

OMG. Ever since the first bluetooth earpiece, I've been looking for one I actually like. Then they came out with bluetooth headphones and I've still been looking for some I like. I've got well over $1000 invested in wireless headphones and earpieces and they all suck. I also bought several pairs of wired headsets including the very expensive Shures. Now, look, the sound quality is not in the Shure range, but you can't expect them to be. But, they do sound as good as the regular earbuds that come with the phone. So, here's my take:

Comfort / Fit - They fit exactly like the earbuds that come with your phone, so if those are comfortable to you and they fit well, then these will be too.

Stay In - See above. I will say this, I was always catching the stupid wire while walking and pulling an earbud out. Since there are no wires, I was able to walk 4 miles without any problems with these in the other day.

Sound - See above. If you like the sound of the wiredset, you'll like these.

Mic - I've talked to several people using and they say I sound fine. Sometimes it cuts out, but I think it was because of wind noise. There's nothing to block the wind, so you have to turn your head away from it and only use 1 bud.

Connection - Best part, but it could be better. Yes, it's great, because you open the lid and your phone asks if you want to connect. That's the only time you'll ever see that message again. Now, it doesn't act the way I thought it would by transferring to another device without input. Right now I'm on my laptop so if I want them to work on my laptop, I have to tell my laptop to use them by clicking on my bluetooth and connecting to Scott's Airpods. Once i do that, the automatic connection is switched to my Macbook. Meaning, they'll not auto connect to my iPhone next time. I have to tell my iPhone to use them, which disconnects from my Macbook or iPad. Don't get me wrong, I don't have to go pair them, but I do have to tell the new device to connect to them. Then that device will automatically connect to them every time until i tell a new device to connect to them. I was hoping they'd connect to everything all the time. That's what I had hoped. I want to be able to heard multiple devices at once, or at least not have to take any action to hear multiple devices. It's like there's an imaginary cord still attached and you have to move the cord to the new device is how I equate the function.

Charging Case - The charging case is awesome. I never really had anywhere to keep the corded headphones, so I'd stash them in my murse. The charging case give me the perfect place to keep these. I've always got them in my front pocket ready.

Battery - I've only charged the case twice. Once when I got them and again this morning 3 days later. I've used these little guys a lot since they arrived Wednesday. Way more than my other sets of bluetooth earbuds which I'd have to charge each day after use.

So, would I buy them again. Oh yes. While I wish they'd connect to every device all the time, I've still very happy with them.

So, should you buy them? Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you like the earbuds that come with the phone and wish there wasn't a cord? Then YES! ORDER THESE TODAY!
2. Do the earbuds that come with the phone not stay in your ears? Then, NO! Don't get these.
3. Do the earbuds that come with the phone hurt your ears? Then NO! Don't get these.

So that's it. That's my long review of the AirPods. I love them and have FINALLY found my bluetooth earbuds.

OMG. Ever since the first bluetooth earpiece, I've been looking for one I actually like. Then they came out with bluetooth headphones and I've still been looking for some I like. I've got well over $1000 invested in wireless headphones and earpieces and they all suck. I also bought several pairs of wired headsets including the very expensive Shures. Now, look, the sound quality is not in the Shure range, but you can't expect them to be. But, they do sound as good as the regular earbuds that come with the phone. So, here's my take:

Comfort / Fit - They fit exactly like the earbuds that come with your phone, so if those are comfortable to you and they fit well, then these will be too.

Stay In - See above. I will say this, I was always catching the stupid wire while walking and pulling an earbud out. Since there are no wires, I was able to walk 4 miles without any problems with these in the other day.

Mic - I've talked to several people using and they say I sound fine. Sometimes it cuts out, but I think it was because of wind noise. There's nothing to block the wind, so you have to turn your head away from it and only use 1 bud.

Connection - Best part, but it could be better. Yes, it's great, because you open the lid and your phone asks if you want to connect. That's the only time you'll ever see that message again. Now, it doesn't act the way I thought it would by transferring to another device without input. Right now I'm on my laptop so if I want them to work on my laptop, I have to tell my laptop to use them by clicking on my bluetooth and connecting to Scott's Airpods. Once i do that, the automatic connection is switched to my Macbook. Meaning, they'll not auto connect to my iPhone next time. I have to tell my iPhone to use them, which disconnects from my Macbook or iPad. Don't get me wrong, I don't have to go pair them, but I do have to tell the new device to connect to them. Then that device will automatically connect to them every time until i tell a new device to connect to them. I was hoping they'd connect to everything all the time. That's what I had hoped. I want to be able to heard multiple devices at once, or at least not have to take any action to hear multiple devices. It's like there's an imaginary cord still attached and you have to move the cord to the new device is how I equate the function.

Charging Case - The charging case is awesome. I never really had anywhere to keep the corded headphones, so I'd stash them in my murse. The charging case give me the perfect place to keep these. I've always got them in my front pocket ready.

Battery - I've only charged the case twice. Once when I got them and again this morning 3 days later. I've used these little guys a lot since they arrived Wednesday. Way more than my other sets of bluetooth earbuds which I'd have to charge each day after use.

So, would I buy them again. Oh yes. While I wish they'd connect to every device all the time, I've still very happy with them.

1. Do you like the earbuds that come with the phone and wish there wasn't a cord? Then YES! ORDER THESE TODAY!
2. Do the earbuds that come with the phone not stay in your ears? Then, NO! Don't get these.
3. Do the earbuds that come with the phone hurt your ears? Then NO! Don't get these.

So that's it. That's my long review of the AirPods. I love them and have FINALLY found my bluetooth earbuds.
Thank you for your review on the AirPods, Glad you're happy with them.

The only point I would disagree with is that the Airpods stay in my ears when the Earpods would not. The Airpods do not have the weight of the wire hanging down and dragging on clothing so that's why the Airpods won't fall out, for me anyways.

I agree, I like my EarPods but I catch the wire on everything, jerking both the buds and phone away.

The only point I would disagree with is that the Airpods stay in my ears when the Earpods would not. The Airpods do not have the weight of the wire hanging down and dragging on clothing so that's why the Airpods won't fall out, for me anyways.
Good point and one I made on the "Stay In -" line. The cord catches on everything and rips the earpods out. No cord, means the Airpods stay in better.