What's new

AirPods

Just checked the GBP/USD exchange rate and then Apple's UK site. Looks like the £ is taking a hammering for some reason. Including VAT puts the UK price at £159. I'm sure that will put a lot of potential buyers off.

Dunno what that all means but they're priced at $219 in Canada.

BTW, here's an in-depth review of the AirPods and some of the tech and functionality for anyone interested.

Dunno what that all means but they're priced at $219 in Canada.

BTW, here's an in-depth review of the AirPods and some of the tech and functionality for anyone interested.

Thanks for that, Junior.

What the UK price means is that when tax is includes (UK prices include tax by law) sterling has already fallen to close to 1:1 with the US dollar. Not long back, the price could have been expected to be around £100 including tax. They are very expensive in terms of consumer buying power.

I can live with the Canadian price. It's slightly higher that exchange rates might suggest it should be, but not by much.

I received an email yesterday containing the minutes from our safety meeting. One of the topics detailed how a driver had managed to let a cop see him with his phone in his hand. He claimed it had fallen onto the floor and he was retrieving it. Whether that's true or not I have no idea, but the fine was $287 with 3 penalty points on his licence. $219 for AirPods seems cheap by comparison. I've tried using Jabra Bluetooth devices and found them to be hideously uncomfortable.

I received an email yesterday containing the minutes from our safety meeting. One of the topics detailed how a driver had managed to let a cop see him with his phone in his hand. He claimed it had fallen onto the floor and he was retrieving it. Whether that's true or not I have no idea, but the fine was $287 with 3 penalty points on his licence. $219 for AirPods seems cheap by comparison. I've tried using Jabra Bluetooth devices and found them to be hideously uncomfortable.
I wonder just how comfortable the AirPods will be, I'm not good at having things in my ears but they interest me.

What's the quoted range in an apartment, with doors shut for example, anyone know? Or in the open? Thanks in advance

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

What's the quoted range in an apartment, with doors shut for example, anyone know? Or in the open? Thanks in advance

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Haven't seen any mention of that beyond "better than BlueTooth"

Me neither, that's why l asked just in Casey

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I should point out, it's $219 CDN + 15% tax.

$250 ish.

That's true. 5% here in Alberta though. No PST so $230. We will probably take a hit from the government recycling scam on top of that though.

I wonder just how comfortable the AirPods will be, I'm not good at having things in my ears but they interest me.

Don't know if you have any old earphones from old iPhone lying around, but you could cut off the cables and give them a try. Might give you an idea how you get on with them in your ears, before you spend all that money

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Don't know if you have any old earphones from old iPhone lying around, but you could cut off the cables and give them a try. Might give you an idea how you get on with them in your ears, before you spend all that money

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
No I haven't got any.

From eBay a non o.e. Pair only cost a few quid if that. I got 3 pairs and cables for 6€ all boxed up just a thought though. Cheaper than buying them and leaving them sitting in the box not used.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

From eBay a non o.e. Pair only cost a few quid if that. I got 3 pairs and cables for 6€ all boxed up just a thought though. Cheaper than buying them and leaving them sitting in the box not used.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
They wouldn't feel the same though, I would need to try the real thing. I'm not 100% on this but I think anything ordered from Apple online can be returned for any reason, even if you have tried the product, I will check this out first though.