What's new

AirPods

Apple products are known for their high quality as well as their high price. The lightning EarPods are the first to have digital sound right to the earpieces instead of analogue as in all previous generations.
In terms of what they can do, AirPods are the best of their kind.

Here's a video you may find interesting. It speaks to the differences between the old analog earphone jack and the new lightning one.

How about this for a thought.
All you potential customers of pods but are not sure if they will fit, after all not it's not a one size fits all sort of product.
If they fall out and get damaged it's lot money down the drain.
Maybe Apple could sell a model of them, and we could decide if we liked the look and feel. And most importantly that they stayed in place in our lugs.
Don't think do to health reasons we would be to try them on in Apple stores.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the size is exactly the same as their current corded earbuds that come with all the phones. They certainly appear to be the same in all the videos. The current ones fit me perfectly and I've personally never had a problem of one falling out. I have read and seen many of the opposite though. Many reviewers claim the current ones don't work for them so they won't be upgrading to the new AirPods.

As I've already stated, I will be buying the new cordless ones as soon as they are available. I like Apple products and think they will be fun and will look cool. However, I'd bet my house I will not get $160 worth of sound quality from AirPods. Currently $160 can buy you some pretty nice analog headphones.

Hey each to there own, it came to me in a dream.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the size is exactly the same as their current corded earbuds that come with all the phones. They certainly appear to be the same in all the videos. The current ones fit me perfectly and I've personally never had a problem of one falling out. I have read and seen many of the opposite though. Many reviewers claim the current ones don't work for them so they won't be upgrading to the new AirPods.

As I've already stated, I will be buying the new cordless ones as soon as they are available. I like Apple products and think they will be fun and will look cool. However, I'd bet my house I will not get $160 worth of sound quality from AirPods. Currently $160 can buy you some pretty nice analog headphones.

The airpods have larger/thicker stems than the legacy corded ear pods. It's been reviewed and commented on many times by people that were at the demo event after the keynote earlier this month. A quick google search and you'll have more info about them.

So the quick answer, they're not exactly the same size as the ear pods.

I feel the price is too high, I won't be buying them. Still, I have to ask, how do you charge them? Do they ship with a lightning cable?

I feel the price is too high, I won't be buying them. Still, I have to ask, how do you charge them? Do they ship with a lightning cable?

The case they come in charge them when inserted. 15 minutes in the case can yield 3 hours of usage.

Apple isn't some mickey mouse mom and pop shop that haven't thought about a lot of aspects of this product. There's a lot more technology in these things than people know. You're paying for the technology more than anything at this point.

The case they come in charge them when inserted. 15 minutes in the case can yield 3 hours of usage.

Apple isn't some mickey mouse mom and pop shop that haven't thought about a lot of aspects of this product. There's a lot more technology in these things than people know. You're paying for the technology more than anything at this point.
Ah, thank you. I was just reading about them at the Apple website, seems there's a custom computer chip in them too, Apple W1 chip. Maybe the price isn't too bad after all. I'm now wondering how much of the stem is taken up with the battery.

The box they sit in has enough charge for 24 hrs. When full.
How that is charged, sorry l would only be guessing.
But my guess would be cable and normal Apple charger.

Ah, thank you. I was just reading about them at the Apple website, seems there's a custom computer chip in them too, Apple W1 chip. Maybe the price isn't too bad after all.

It's like anything that's new or first to market. You're paying a higher price to be one of the first with the technology. Just like the first people that had portable cell phones. They overpaid by a lot to be the first ones to walk around with a brick in their pockets.

The AirPods have sensors in them to detect when they're in your ear. When you pull one out, it'll stop playing and when you take the other one out, they shut off. There's a mic in there too, and a chip and a battery.

First generation product, which I can see getting smaller as the future generations keep coming. It's definitely not a product for everyone, but it's a nice touch for those that can afford to blow the money on them.

It's like anything that's new or first to market. You're paying a higher price to be one of the first with the technology. Just like the first people that had portable cell phones. They overpaid by a lot to be the first ones to walk around with a brick in their pockets.

The AirPods have sensors in them to detect when they're in your ear. When you pull one out, it'll stop playing and when you take the other one out, they shut off. There's a mic in there too, and a chip and a battery.

First generation product, which I can see getting smaller as the future generations keep coming. It's definitely not a product for everyone, but it's a nice touch for those that can afford to blow the money on them.
Dude, we need to see you speaking up more often around here. I like to be around smart folks because I learn a lot :)

Dude, we need to see you speaking up more often around here. I like to be around smart folks because I learn a lot :)
You got it. I try to log in as often as I can, if you ever have questions, just post them up, there's always gonna be constructive feedback around here.

Yes they do. The case has a battery built in which will charge the pods for up to 25 hours play (5 hours at a time). The case and any pods inside it are charged by the Lightning cable.

I see I was late to the party with that reply. Oh well. Better 3 replies than none.

Anyone know when these AirPods will be available? Pre-order or just out there on the shelves? What ya all think?
My birthday is mid October and it would be cool for my kids to be able to give me something like this. They're little, so I will end up paying, but still...