What's new

AirPods

I wont be buying these, but its good to see how people get on with them after x amount of time and how they are in the ear

That's a rather subjective statement considering Spigen's quality is no where near Apple's.

Agreed, but subjectivity is what counts when consumer commodities are being purchased. To many, good enough is good enough. They'll never know, or care about, what goes into products at the top of the range.

Not at all. Apple products sell because there are people who are sick of picking through the garbage bin, or knew better in the first place.

Every time I see Tim Cook and company get up on stage, I see people who are passionate about what they do. Yes, the stuff is expensive and not everyone can see why. Some of us can, and will keep buying.

I am never sure that my Windows PC is going to fire up after yet another round of updates. I open the lid on my Mac and 20 seconds later, it's ready to go. When I replace my iPhone, my previous one gets passed on to someone who can use it. It doesn't get tossed in a drawer and forgotten about.

I'll be buying AirPods, and I'll review them here when I've put them through their paces. I'll be comparing them to various headphones and to Jabra hands free telephone earpieces. I intend to be thorough, and hopefully objective (although I can't totally guarantee that part.)

Just remember people, AirPods are priced at $160 for one reason only. It has nothing to do with what they cost to make or what they are worth. They will charge $160 for them because they can get $160 for them.
Apple has teams of highly educated people whose only purpose is to figure out the maximum price they can charge for things. This is how everything in the world is priced.

That being said, yes I will be picking a pair up as soon as available. I think I will look cool wearing them. I'm not expecting the sound quality to be any different than their normal corded earbuds which IMO is very poor.

Just remember people, AirPods are priced at $160 for one reason only. It has nothing to do with what they cost to make or what they are worth. They will charge $160 for them because they can get $160 for them.
Apple has teams of highly educated people whose only purpose is to figure out the maximum price they can charge for things. This is how everything in the world is priced.

That being said, yes I will be picking a pair up as soon as available. I think I will look cool wearing them. I'm not expecting the sound quality to be any different than their normal corded earbuds which IMO is very poor.
That doesn't make sense to me. If you think the sound quality will be poor why buy them?
Surely its all about the sound quality not just looking cool.

That doesn't make sense to me. If you think the sound quality will be poor why buy them?
Surely its all about the sound quality not just looking cool.

IMO the sound quality of Apple corded earbuds is poor. However, they are cheap and plentiful. IMO these new AirPods will be the same quality which IMO is poor for a $160 listening device. Maybe I sounded harsher than I needed to. I'm sure the AirPods will be adequate for listening to music which is what they are meant to do. However IMO you are paying for the Apple logo and the convenience of no cords with your money.

I'm afraid if some people think they are getting a great sounding listening device because of the high price tag they will be disappointed.

IMO the sound quality of Apple corded earbuds is poor. However, they are cheap and plentiful. IMO these new AirPods will be the same quality which IMO is poor for a $160 listening device. Maybe I sounded harsher than I needed to. I'm sure the AirPods will be adequate for listening to music which is what they are meant to do. However IMO you are paying for the Apple logo and the convenience of no cords with your money.

I'm afraid if some people think they are getting a great sounding listening device because of the high price tag they will be disappointed.
Apple products are known for their high quality as well as their high price. The lightning EarPods are the first to have digital sound right to the earpieces instead of analogue as in all previous generations.
In terms of what they can do, AirPods are the best of their kind.

These things are not even on the market yet. No one here knows how they will sound. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but blimey mate give them time to come out first

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

These things are not even on the market yet. No one here knows how they will sound. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but blimey mate give them time to come out first

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

That's why I intend to get hold of a pair and give them a workout.
I think there will be a problem achieving a seal, with a resulting loss of bass. We shall see.

A quote I see regularly on audio forums springs to mind "The laws of physics are not swayed by your opinion." That could be worth thinking about.

How about this for a thought.
All you potential customers of pods but are not sure if they will fit, after all not it's not a one size fits all sort of product.
If they fall out and get damaged it's lot money down the drain.
Maybe Apple could sell a model of them, and we could decide if we liked the look and feel. And most importantly that they stayed in place in our lugs.
Don't think do to health reasons we would be to try them on in Apple stores.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.