What's new

Airdrop

I'm back
force starting your iPhone that didn't work.
Regarding the reset that is a lot of work what would i loose from the phone i have icloud setup. Will reseting mean re entering all my details passwords all vital security questions etc as it would be as a new phone.
Looking at it from another angle is it worth all the hassle for something that maybe used once in a while.
That is the six million uk pounds question,What do the forums think?
Its many many thanks to you what ever happens.Glad of your help.
David deep in thought.:confused:

You're welcome.

Resetting network settings doesn't remove email addresses or your iCloud ID. It's not the same as erasing the iPhone. Your network settings (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ...) will be set back to default, and you have to set them up again.

If you're syncing your images via Wi-Fi, you won't need AirDrop very often, that's my experience. From time to time, I have to use it, because images don't sync, and I want to have them on my other device quickly, that's when I use it.

Last edited:
Hi things are maybe looking better than i thought Regardin the Resetting network settings what would be the best way to achieve that.Sorry but this is my first apple device and my age is against me born to soon.
Can you please assist me once more.
Many thank You's.

Of course. :)

Open the Settings app, go to General - Reset, and select "Reset Network Settings".

I am a literal person so let me get specific. Receiving Off is not the end product you want. You want either Contacts Only or Everyone to be what is active. Receiving Only will prevent you from being able to send any Airdrop stuff.

Well no joy never mind you did your best, Maybe a reset one day.
Thank You very much again we cant win all the time.As a matter of interest what part of the world are you.I'm in south wales uk.
Once again Thanks.

I use AirDrop extensively to transfer images from my iPhone 5s to my MBP. Both are running the latest versions of the software.

Often, AirDrop will work flawlessly, other times it takes its time getting started and occasionally it refuses to start at all. The phone is visible in Finder on the Mac, but the Mac refuses to show up on the phone. For these occasions, I simply sent the image(s) as a message to myself.

I have no answers. AirDrop is working better than it ever has for me, but the occasions when it refuses to work are infuriating, because nothing changes.

Kevin Thanks for that bit of info.Would you reccomend a reset of the phone to solve this small issue.Or leave well alone.
Thank You for your input.David.

Hi my airdrop works perfectly, every time, not good news for you l know. I use an iPhone 7 and an iPad Air 2.
I always make complete backups on my windows PC.
Personally I would take Kevin's advice and send the images as emails to yourself, unless you have many to do. I am a little nervous about resetting also. Even with a complete backup on my PC. It still might not solve the problem.

The last time Airdrop didn't work for me was after a friend send me a pic from her iPhone, using Airdrop. I tried to send her one in return and it wouldn't work. I reset, everything at my end. Nothing. I finally asked her for her iPhone. It was sent to Receiving Off. She swears she didn't do it but her iPhone was probably that way since the last IOS update.

Thanks guys for all the info.Seem's to be a little pain in the rear this Airdrop.
Reading all your replies I think I will leave well alone and maybe next update may solve the problem.
Once again many thanks to all.
Just one other thing it would be nice to know what part of the world you people are.
I'm in South Wales United Kingdom.proper Welsh man.
Thanks very much glad to have your help.
David

I now live in Germany, but am East London born and bred.
And l don't look anything like my photo, that guy is my hero.