What's new

Airdrop

dave307

Reaction score
Went to try out the airdrop method of transfer image from iphone to ipad.
In the ipad the airdrop icon works in the notification centre but on the iphone the air drop is lit up but says AirDrop Receiving is off, How do i get this to come on have tapped it the wifi and bluetooth are both on.
Any help Please.
David.o_O

Pull up the screen from the bottom of your iPhone. Tap the AirDrop icon, and select "Everyone", on both your iDevices.
IMG_1397.jpg

You can send images from one device to the other afterwards. Select an image (or more than one) in the Photos app, then tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen. One of the thinks you'll see afterwards, will be a blue circle, with your name, and iPad or iPhone below it:
IMG_9667.JPG

Tap it, and your images will be transferred to the connected device.

Hope that helps.

yea thanks for that.What you show works okay on ipad but whrn i select the airdrop on the iphone nothing happens.
Thanks for your reply on sunday.

No problem. We'll find out why it's not working.

When you pull up the Control Centre, and tap AirDrop, do you get the screen I've posted above (Receiving Off, Contacts Only, Everyone)? If so, did you select "Everyone"?

When you pull up the Control Centre, and tap AirDrop, do you get the screen I've posted above.No.I do get the screen up
airoplane top left then wifi bluetooth moon
airplay mirroring Airdrop litup with AirDrop Receiving Off
below all that night shift off.
Its not a major problem just like to get it working. How would i get an image of my phone screen on to this forum usin a windows laptop?
Many thanks.

Change Receiving Off to Contacts Only or to Everyone by clicking on the one you want.

Tap "AirDrop: Receiving Off" to get to my screen. Then you can change this setting.

I do tap on the AirDrop: Receiving Off but nothing happens so other screen comes up like your image.
When i tap on the airdrop tab what i get is as my screen shot.
sorry to be a pain in the rear.

Are both devices (iPad and iPhone) signed in to the same iCloud ID?

Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, then turn it on again. Try enabling AirDrop afterwards.

If it still doesn't work, try force starting your iPhone, using Home and Power button simultaneously. Press and hold both until you see the Apple logo.

Also make sure your iPhone is up to date. 10.2.1 is the latest software.

And the last thing to try, would be resetting network setting, if AirDrop doesn't start working.

Okay will get back to you later.
Thanks for all your help.See yoy later.