What's new

after deep pool dip Iphone 4 lives!!

OldSchool

Reaction score
I am amazed my iphone 4 feel into 8 1/2 feet deepth of swimming pool while brushing it down I thought for sure it was a plop plop fiz fiz. but I read online to let it sit in rice for 24 hrs and so far its working. right after it went swimming the led flashlight came on no screen no way to power it off am guessing it ran the battery totally dead maybe it was the saving of the phone? am at 25 % charge now so have we outdone the latest ? smartphones that say they are water resistant? or was I just reallyyyyyyyyyy lucky. that's all just thought I would share a rare experience while maintaining a swimming pool.

If i were you i would leave it for at least three days to make sure all moisture is absorbed, Hopefully your phone will be fine after that but there's no guarantees.

Definitely no guarantees, as Ivy stated above. I've seen many instances where a phone will operate almost flawlessly after the 2-3 day rice treatment. However, after a short period of time corrosion sets in from bits of moisture that the rice didn't absorb.

Ya i can attest to the amazing resilience of the iPhone 4. I had mine for about 2 years and accidentally submerged it TWICE. Once about six mo. After purchase and the other one about three months before I upgraded to the i5. Both times I did the rice trick. The first time the led came on and the screen backlight was flickering and I just knew it was a goner the second time was even worse and it just went completely dead I put it in a little Tupperware container filled with rice and the next morning I thought I heard something. Went in the kitchen and my alarm was going of and the screen was on. So I pulled it out. And turned the alarm off but noticed there was major water ln the screen so I powered the phone off and stuck it back in the rice for another day or so and after that it was like a new phone again. And what's funny is a few months later I went to the local Verizon store and they gave me $125 for it and I got my i5 for $75! But it really is amazing what rice can do!

I used it for a few hrs friday and noticed screen had some moisture behind it am thinking body heat while in my pocket. so I put it back into rice bag will leave there until monday sometime and see how that works. I did power it off this time if that doesn't work the southwest deserts still warm will leave under a towel in direct sun that will cook whatever is left out of it.
I really do not want to get the last iPhone release am waiting to see if they surprise all with a new hardware change or the status quo?
thank you for all the replies and thoughts on what to do.

Let us know how it goes, Good luck.

Poisonivy.... am reporting back after 2 more days in rice still had some water spots show up on screen so.... this morning after sunrise and area warmed up I set my iPhone face down on a towel and let the black case and sun do it's job.
mission accomplished has been inside house for 2 1/2 hrs and no trace of moisture and phone is working well.

Poisonivy.... am reporting back after 2 more days in rice still had some water spots show up on screen so.... this morning after sunrise and area warmed up I set my iPhone face down on a towel and let the black case and sun do it's job.
mission accomplished has been inside house for 2 1/2 hrs and no trace of moisture and phone is working well.
Thats great, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, sounds good though, keep us posted :)

I am amazed my iphone 4 feel into 8 1/2 feet deepth of swimming pool while brushing it down I thought for sure it was a plop plop fiz fiz. but I read online to let it sit in rice for 24 hrs and so far its working. right after it went swimming the led flashlight came on no screen no way to power it off am guessing it ran the battery totally dead maybe it was the saving of the phone? am at 25 % charge now so have we outdone the latest ? smartphones that say they are water resistant? or was I just reallyyyyyyyyyy lucky. that's all just thought I would share a rare experience while maintaining a swimming pool.

Why were you brushing your phone down?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

When I dropped my phone in the sink, I let it stay in a bag of rice for almost 4 days. hahaha :D Hmmmm. As for now just monitor your phone. Hope it goes well.