What's new

AdWare/Malware help on my iPhone 5c w/ 8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyv2

Reaction score
Hi all,
Last night I was trying to get some "free" movies on my phone and tried downloading a few apps to get the "free" movies.
A few examples of this was a strange (non-working) chinese Piracy App.
Another one was A Piracy App which I had used before which I don't think would cause the malware.
Other than that, I don't think there was anything suspicious I had downloaded onto my phone. My recent Cydia downloads are all trusted and aren't anything bad.
But after all of this, I turned my phone on this morning and it started up kinda slow. The touchscreen didn't work very well so I restarted my phone.
Suddenly, whenever I open an app, there's a 50:50 chance that a random ad will pop up. I have deleted the suspicious apps but I think they have downloaded something onto my phone without me knowing.

Here's some pictures of the ads:

0iX1NCd.png

RMHZt8Z.jpg

They seem to inject themselves into the actual app instead of onto the springboard.
I know this because when I double click the home button it doesn't show up on the springboard "app" and instead shows up on the actual app I had open. The ads also close when I go back onto the app from the multitasking menu.

I'm willing to restore my phone, but I'd rather not. If anyone has had this before, it would be great to find a solution to this. I have a standard non-activated iFile app.
A good clue to this is that it uses some kind of custom web browser that can't support anything basic.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you've been using your jailbroken iPhone to download pirated movies. This is theft and is illegal. iPhone Forums does not allow discussions on this topic. The only advice we can give you is to get rid of all the pirated content on your iPhone and acquire your content honestly. Other than that, we can offer you no other help.

With that, this thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.