What's new

Activating iPhone

hole896

Reaction score
I just bought this iPhone from a friend, they deactivated it...and now I need to activate it, how do I do it?

If your in america you will most likely have to contact your carrier to activate an iPhone account.

Put in a SIM card for the original carrier of the iPhone that has a working/running plan on the SIM already. If it's a CDMA iPhone 4, you can activate it yourself by going on the respective carrier's personal site like My Verizon or My Sprint. Or you can bring it to a local retail store and they'll do it for you.

I go on the Verizon website and it asks for the phone #. This is CMDA.

Dial *228 on your phone and follow the automated instructions.

Assuming that the device is an iPhone 4 and not an iPhone 4s or 5, you can hacktivate it by jailbreaking it. If it's a 4S or 5, you won't be able to bypass this.

Being no way to jailbreak 6.1.3...or downgrade it, I'm stuck waiting forever for a jailbreak to come out...

Lets hope these guys are able to use the saved exploits to jail-break iOS 7 when it's released !

I know it may feel forever for you but if rumour is right June/July is not that long away for iOS 7 release ,although its the months after iOS release it takes to exploit it that is the killer.

Last edited:
Well...I would think they would work on 6.1.3 first?

Last edited:
iOS 6.1.3 is a hotfix to iOS 6.0. Continuing to use exploits for a hotfix iOS is a waste of exploits/vulnerabilities since iOS 7 or 6.2 will most likely come out with the next gen iPhone, meaning you'll have a jailbreak for a fresh, brand new iPhone as well as the devices that preceeds it.