What's new

Accessory for headphones for iPhone

Yarrenbool

Reaction score
Just moved from a Nokia N8 to an iPhone 4S

Two of the things that came bundled with the Nokia N8 was their low-quality headset and a second item.

This second item is a short cable that plugs into the 3.5 on the phone, the other end of this cable has a very small box with a mike, volume control, answer/go/pause button, fast-forward and fast-back buttons, and a clip to fix it to your shirt. On the box is a place to plug in your high quality headset.

I use an Etymotic ER-6 head set that I really like, but it lacks the controls and mike to use to answer the iPhone and control it.

Anyone know of an accessory like this to use with high quality headsets to use with, and control, an Apple iPhone? I need a company that will sell to and ship to Canada.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions!

Try Skullcandy or Beats by Dre, you may find what you are looking for.

The SkullCandy 50/50 in-earbuds are great :)! They are noise isolating and they have a built in mic/volume control. :)!!

I use them and they're great IMO.

Try Skullcandy or Beats by Dre, you may find what you are looking for.

I'm sorry, I reread my original post and I wasn't very clear.

I want to keep on using my Etymotic ER-6 earphones; they're high quality even if quite old and they were quite expensive.

I am looking for the little control box with the mike and control buttons to use with the ER-6 earphones that would be placed between the ER–6 earphones and the iPhone.

The two from Nokia that came with my Nokia N8 and my Nokia N95 will not work with the iPhone, a known incompatibility, but I have seen ones advertised that do work with the iPhone. The problem is I saw this item advertised when I was using my Nokias so didn't need it and have since then forgotten where I saw them or what brand they were. I can't even recall if this item has a name, that's why I have to describe it each time.

I don't know if you are still looking, but I saw what you were looking for on cellphoneshop.net/iphoneremote.html. I was looking for port covers and saw that, and I remembered this thread.

Thank you very much for remembering my request and posting the link.

Very good price too!

I ordered the Belkin model a couple of weeks ago but it still appears to be on back order, who knows for how long. I may go ahead and order the one you found seeing it is so inexpensive.

Thanks again.