What's new

Access Night Shift in iOS 11

Shiloh

Reaction score
Night Shift is well hidden in Control Center in iOS 11. To access it, press and hold the screen brightness button in Control Center and Night Shift will pop up. You can set how tinted it is in settings the same as always.

Yellow tinted iPhone nighttime screens have been a feature since iOS 9. Easy on the eyes.

Night Shift is well hidden in Control Center in iOS 11. To access it, press and hold the screen brightness button in Control Center and Night Shift will pop up. You can set how tinted it is in settings the same as always.

Yellow tinted iPhone nighttime screens have been a feature since iOS 9. Easy on the eyes.
Here’s a photo of the Night Shift Control.
D9262577-086C-4477-9D56-01931A2718B1.png

An interesting thing is that the tinted Night Shift colour balance doesn’t show up in screenshots.

Hi Shiloh, when you say Night Shift is well hidden in iOS 11 l must be missing something, l’m using 10.3 and it’s in the same place in same in the settings.

Or you can ask Siri to find it, she just got it for me [emoji106]

Hi Shiloh, when you say Night Shift is well hidden in iOS 11 l must be missing something, l’m using 10.3 and it’s in the same place in same in the settings.
It looks different than before in Control Centre in iOS 11.
0A37ED6C-8E0D-4DFE-A2EF-2D126CCC2048.png

I have to wait a few minutes to test it thanks

My screen has changed but the panel is still grey and no night shift on sign, must be doing wrong again l guess typical.

Tap and hold on the brightness icon in Control Centre to get Night Shift.

What is your homescreen picture? Is it something colourful, or more like a picture of the night sky?

My apologies, did that all was as stated before, many thank you’s