What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absinthe 2.0.2 has now been released and this supports the new build of ios 5.1.1 (Build 9B208) so if you have successfully jailbroken then you can ignore this update

===warning===
those of you who are already jailbroken the erase all content and settings will get your phone into a terminal loop then it'll never come out of. You cannot use erase all contents and settings on an already jailbroken phone.
===

abs_gp001.png

How To Use Absinthe 2.0.2:

1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.

2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.

3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.

4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.

5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)

6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
icon_biggrin.gif

Absinthe 2.0.2 supports the following devices:

iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
iPod3,1 – 4,1

(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)

The files can be downloaded @ www.greenpois0n.com

or for your convenience here are the direct links,

Mac version:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.2.dmg?attredirects=0&d=1

Windows version:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-win-2.0.2.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Linux version:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-linux-2.0.2.tar.bz2?attredirects=0&d=1

I cought this at 8:00 on the dot just like every single jailbreak before.lol.clicked th refresh button on the official site and there it was. Downloaded in like 2 seconds.lol. I beat the traffic.:)

I cought this at 8:00 on the dot just like every single jailbreak before.lol.clicked th refresh button on the official site and there it was. Downloaded in like 2 seconds.lol. I beat the traffic.:)

thats the good thing about the release being in eu times as every one in the states is sleeping or at work :D so you easily beat the traffic

When is Redsn0w version coming out?

I prefer redsn0w as i like using ultrasnow to unlock

Or

Can i unlock using Absinthe + Ultasnow ?

I'm in Washington state and it's 6:10 am. I downloaded Absinthe and it was fast. So fast, in fact, that I thought something was wrong, I expected the file to be huge. Yeah, I'm new, lol.

Thank you for providing extra links

When is Redsn0w version coming out?

I prefer redsn0w as i like using ultrasnow to unlock

Or

Can i unlock using Absinthe + Ultasnow ?

There is no ETA on when or If there will be a redsn0w release but if there is then links will be added, If you rely on unlock then wait for redsn0w,pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze so you can preserve the unlockable baseband, I asume you're using the iphone 4 with baseband 01.59?

I'm sure by mid day (where I'm at anyway) the traffic will build up and the downloads will slow down. I'm about to freshly install 5.1.1 after I backup all by debs to my computer.

Unleashed, in your instructions in post one you should remind those of us who are already jailbroken that the erase all content and settings will get your phone into a terminal loop then it'll never come out of. You cannot use erase all contents and settings on an already jailbroken phone. I've tried it before. Bad news!

Unleashed, in your instructions in post one you should remind those of us who are already jailbroken that the erase all content and settings will get your phone into a terminal loop then it'll never come out of. You cannot use erase all contents and settings on an already jailbroken phone. I've tried it before. Bad news!

Exactly .. Added

Thank you for providing extra links

There is no ETA on when or If there will be a redsn0w release but if there is then links will be added, If you rely on unlock then wait for redsn0w,pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze so you can preserve the unlockable baseband, I asume you're using the iphone 4 with baseband 01.59?

No i am on 5.1.1 and the newest baseband, damn that means i can't unlock it.

Well its not like i need it unlocked, but want it unlocked so when i travel.

Any ideas you have?

No i am on 5.1.1 and the newest baseband, damn that means i can't unlock it.

Well its not like i need it unlocked, but want it unlocked so when i travel.

Any ideas you have?

What carrier is it locked to? because ATT and other carriers will unlock the device officially.

so after i jailbrake it, what happens?
im new to this
it said it is complete and i can reinstall my backup.
how do i know if it worked?
whats next?

What carrier is it locked to? because ATT and other carriers will unlock the device officially.

I am with rogers in canada and the only way they will unlock it is if i not on contract, means i have to pay 472.00 to buy it out, plus cancelation fee.

AT&T has same policy.

I am with rogers in canada and the only way they will unlock it is if i not on contract, means i have to pay 472.00 to buy it out, plus cancelation fee.

AT&T has same policy.

Well Ultrasn0w wont work and I dont know when there will be an update version for newer basebands and afaik there is no hardware unlock solution such as gevey.

so after i jailbrake it, what happens?
im new to this
it said it is complete and i can reinstall my backup.
how do i know if it worked?
whats next?

do you see cydia on your springboard? if so then it worked