What's new

About me and a few questions

Oskie

Reaction score
Hello all,

I live in Northern Alberta, Canada. I work for the big brown courier and am brand spankin' new to the iPhone. I have had this little beauty for a week now and picked up most of it fairly quickly. It's a huge jump from the BB Pearl I used for the past 3 years. It was well worth the 4 1/2 hours I stood in line for.

There are a couple of things I have yet to figure out and I'm hoping some of you can lend me some assistance.

First, I can't seem to figure out how to download my own ring tone. I thought I had it, but it didn't work. What I did was drag the tune I wanted from the Library in iTunes to the "window" I opened labled ringtones under the device which is my phone. That part went well, but i cant seem to get it to load onto the phone. What am I doing wrong?

Second, I have shot a couple of videos and would like to load them onto Face Book. But I can't seem to figure this out either. Also those two videos, I sent to my PC and both of them are corrupted, yet they are fine on the iPhone.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Take care all,

Hey congrats on the new addition and welcome to the forum. As per your ringtone situation, you can only perform the method you described if the file is in a .m4r format and it is exactly 30 seconds or less. Or if you made a ringtone out of a song legitimately through itunes, it'll have a little bell icon next to it signaling that it is a ringtone. But the way you tried to get it on there is the right way.
For the videos. To upload it on facebook, just go into the facebook app, go to news feed, next to where you type in your status is the camera icon, click it and choose upload from library or upload camera roll or something along those lines. You can do videos or photos, up to you.

Thanks for that Alude.

Got the videos to upload to FB, just the little camera icon was the step I was missing. Still can't get the ringtone thing though. I had it it at 31 seconds. Shortened it to 28. Thought it was going to work as a pink highlight around the ringtone box appeared when I dropped it in there and the phone went to 'Sync in progress" but yet it didn't show up in the ringtone section on the 4. Would it be hiding somewhere else?

28 seconds is good but did u make sure the file was a .m4r file? If your phone is jailbroken, you could get ifile and manually search your system folders for the ringtone.