What's new

About iPhone Battery life

muznybozz

Reaction score
Good evening Admins
I want to know why my battery drains out quickly when compared to other iPhones 5S?? Is it a problem with my phone??
Will a full restore can help me or what should I do for this
Please consider the screenshot below
Thanx in advance please help me fix this

I have already Switched off Location service and background app refresh and Motion and the brightness is also manually adjusted to a lower level to my vision
Thax pls help me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 415
I have already Switched off Location service and background app refresh and Motion and the brightness is also manually adjusted to a lower level to my vision
Thax pls help me
From your screenshot you are currently using your iPhone in a low signal area. In fact, at the time you made the screenshot your iPhone was on Edge, which is even slower than 2g. Your phone will be continuously searching for a better signal, adding to the battery drain. Your FaceBook, Safari, and Phone apps all show low signal. FaceBook is also a known battery hog and the low signal strength will only make it worse.
image.jpg

If possible, test your iPhone in an area with better signal strength and see if it makes a difference. Try to get at least strong 3G signal and you will get a much better idea of how long your battery will last in normal use.

Last edited:
Thanks sir
It was really helpful. I'll test it in another area. Will I be able to gain more battery life if I do a Complete Restore Via iTunes in DFU MODE

Thanks sir
It was really helpful. I'll test it in another area. Will I be able to gain more battery life if I do a Complete Restore Via iTunes in DFU MODE
If the problem is caused by low signal strength in the area, restoring the phone won't help. You could try resetting all settings to see if that helps. To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You won't lose any data by doing this but you will have to re-enter your password in sites that normally remember you.

BTW, how is your battery life when you're on WiFi instead of cellular.

I suspect da same thng with wifi too sir. Stil can remembr one day i connectd 2 nearest wifi at 6.31 A.M(battery percentage was 28%) and downloaded files about 400MB and discnctd from it at 6.43 a.m at 14%. Unfortunately deletd da screen shots. Bt stil cn remembr.

Sir wat do u say about the battery life of an iPhone 5S. I mean for how much of time it can last?

Sir wat do u say about the battery life of an iPhone 5S. I mean for how much of time it can last?
If there's nothing wrong with the battery and there is nothing causing excessive battery drain, you can expect about 9 - 10 hours of mixed use, streaming 720p video could drain the battery about 3% in half an hour, 10 hours or more of gaming, etc.

If there's nothing wrong with the battery and there is nothing causing excessive battery drain, you can expect about 9 - 10 hours of mixed use, streaming 720p video could drain the battery about 3% in half an hour, 10 hours or more of gaming, etc.

I think my device has never seen 9 hours of usage
Thanx Scifan.. by the way im worried about my battery life?? What do u sugget me to do sir

Last edited:
Turn off background refresh for the Facebook App. Also, reconsider some of your Facebook notifications, as previously pointed out, Facebook is a battery hog. Those are things you can control. Signal strength is an issue your provider needs to deal with. You could put it on airplane mode or wi-Fi w/cellular signal turned off but then you would not get the service you are paying your wireless provider for.

I think my device has never seen 9 hours of usage
Thanx Scifan.. by the way im worried about my battery life?? What do u sugget me to do sir
If checking in Settings>General> Usage>Battery Usage doesn't reveal what's using so much of your battery power, and turning off such things as background app refresh, location services when not needed, etc. doesn't help, you may want to consider a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store

Last edited:
You know, I have never seen "low signal" listed inter any app in my battery usage settings. Didn't know that the iphone could indicate that and I frequently get 3 bars in my home but my phone has never been reduced to Edge.

You know, I have never seen "low signal" listed inter any app in my battery usage settings. Didn't know that the iphone could indicate that and I frequently get 3 bars in my home but my phone has never been reduced to Edge.
Mine was on Edge once when I was visiting London and was using a prepaid Vodaphone SIM card, but I've never seen the low signal notice on my own phone.

Mmmm so the things is prevails with rhe Carrier. Im living in a small town where 3G signal Frequently comes
But sometimes using in 3G signql also shows as low singnal. Anyhow thanx