What's new

7.0.6 cant downgrade? cant unlock already jailbroken phone?

byl

Reaction score
I bought a 4s off craigslist today. Its running off IOS 7.0.6. Since the firmware is relatively new, has no one found a way to downgrade yet? Also, has anyone developed something to unlock a jailbroken iPhone running 7.0.6. either? (cydia, redsn0w, etc.) I've been looking through everything for hours, no luck. Assuming because it's too new.

I bought a 4s off craigslist today. Its running off IOS 7.0.6. Since the firmware is relatively new, has no one found a way to downgrade yet? Also, has anyone developed something to unlock a jailbroken iPhone running 7.0.6. either? (cydia, redsn0w, etc.) I've been looking through everything for hours, no luck. Assuming because it's too new.
There's no way to downgrade the iOS version on any iPhone 4S and newer. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate operations. You're going to have to find an unlocking service, such as ApplenBerry to unlock your phone.

There's no way to downgrade the iOS version on any iPhone 4S and newer. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate operations. You're going to have to find an unlocking service, such as ApplenBerry to unlock your phone.
Apple N Berry | AT&T iPhone IMEI Unlock Service Says their service is "Out of stock" Do you know any other sites that unlock iphones? There are a lot of scam sites out there, I've been having trouble finding a reputable one. Also, what I meant was that my phone is jailbroken, I'm just having trouble unlocking it because of how new the firmware is.

Last edited:
The best way would be if you could contact the original owner of your phone and ask if he would contact AT&T to request the unlock. Be prepared to pay, as AT&T charges for the service.

The best way would be if you could contact the original owner of your phone and ask if he would contact AT&T to request the unlock. Be prepared to pay, as AT&T charges for the service.

Sounds good, I'll look into that. Thanks for the help.

Did they change policy on this? They didn't charge me to unlock my last iphone, i just had to wait the two years, acutally I think it was a couple of months short of that. I want to unlock my 5 in September when this contract is up.

Did they change policy on this? They didn't charge me to unlock my last iphone, i just had to wait the two years, acutally I think it was a couple of months short of that. I want to unlock my 5 in September when this contract is up.
I should have been clearer, you would be charged the early termination fee if your contract is not ended at the time of the request. https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Thanks for the clariificaton, never know when they change rules.