What's new

6s with iOS10 closing apps

leemoknows

Reaction score
Has anyone seen an app show up at the very bottom of the screen when you double-tap to close apps? Checkout the pic.

4dbe194e5ab37c8244db8424f2e83eac.jpg

I can't find out what it's suppose to be. If you tap on that bar, it will open the app. So far, I've only seen Instagram and Fitbit down there. Any ideas?

I've seen it. I think it might be something to do with geofencing. Haven't really taken too much notice of it yet.

Looks like the same app will show up on your lock screen in the lower left corner too.

bacd8ed14be2b98a790ed81ca5aec5dd.jpg

Lol sorry, listening to 80's music [emoji16]

I've seen it. I think it might be something to do with geofencing. Haven't really taken too much notice of it yet.

That sounds like something location based, correct? I've never heard of that.

Don't worry. I had a brainstorm there. It's Handoff, showing you that whatever you were doing on another device can be picked up on your phone.

(It just showed up for Safari.)

Don't worry. I had a brainstorm there. It's Handoff, showing you that whatever you were doing on another device can be picked up on your phone.

(It just showed up for Safari.)
The Activity app shows up there on my iPhone. It can't be Handoff in this case because the app is only on my iPhone.
IMG_1356.JPG

It's a feature Apple called "Proactive". It tries to guess what you are going to do next based on where you are, what is connected to your iPhone and other information. It was a big feature of the iOS 9 release. Your iOS device tries to predict what would be most helpful to you based on where you are and what devices are connected. If my Bluetooth headphones are connected, the recommendation will either be the Music app or some other audio streaming app I use. If you tend to open a certain app at a particular location, the device will recommend that app when you are accessing the multitasking menu.
iOS 9 Features Announced at WWDC 2015: A Bird-eye View

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/16/ios-9-proactive-suggestions/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TimothyMKTG! I must have had that feature disabled somehow when I had iOS9, because this is the first time I've seen it. I had assumed it was something new for iOS10 lol.

It's a feature Apple called "Proactive". It tries to guess what you are going to do next based on where you are, what is connected to your iPhone and other information. It was a big feature of the iOS 9 release. Your iOS device tries to predict what would be most helpful to you based on where you are and what devices are connected. If my Bluetooth headphones are connected, the recommendation will either be the Music app or some other audio streaming app I use. If you tend to open a certain app at a particular location, the device will recommend that app when you are accessing the multitasking menu.
iOS 9 Features Announced at WWDC 2015: A Bird-eye View

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/16/ios-9-proactive-suggestions/amp/

Thanks for that, Timothy. I've been looking all over for the answer and came up blank.

Welcome to the forum. That was a GREAT first post.

Thanks! I'll do my best to be involved! I work in tech support for mobile phones. I have 5 years of cumulative experience supporting Apple products, but for the past 2.5 years I've also provided support for Android products.

It's handoff, and that new proactive stuffI have been seeing that same small
imaging all summer and I didn't update until last week.

What worries me is that when I leave my Mac and head outside for a smoke I get the Safari symbol on my phone. Am I really so predictable?

It will probably be advising you not to smoke in the near future, along with telling you it is past your bedtime!

I hope that if you close out Safari on the Mac, it wouldn't show on the iPhone but they want it predicting so I guess this is the future.