What's new

6 Plus fingerprint

Tonyboyno1

Reaction score
Hello,

Had my phone 3 weeks and smashed the screen *Doh! Was an insurance claim so brand new and its caused havoc. Changed today or a cheap screen as im waiting for a genuine one, its draining my battery something silly. The problem I have is my finger print isnt working any more. Ive bought a new ribbon and button and it still doesn't work. Home button works fine though. Ive disconnected the battery and connected all connections up and connected battery up and hard reset ect and still no hope..... Anyone have a solution? Tia

You can’t change the home button and get Touch ID to work.
Only one that can do that so it works is apple.
So if you want it to work you must leave it to apple to fix your phone.
Problem now is that they won’t touch your phone if they discover that you already taken it apart or they see non original parts when they open your phone.
Best is to put all original parts back and hope they won’t notice that you been working on it yourself or anybody else.
That includes phone repair shops.
Wish you best of luck.

Why are they the only ones that can do it? I’ve replaced about 20-30 screens that have fingerprint and not had this issue before?

They aren't the only ones that can do it. If you want Apple to work on it and fix it it needs to be original or Apple won't work on it. Your choice, if you don't want Apple working on it do what you want with any parts you want to, makes no difference.

If you change the button yourself, Touch ID won’t work. Only Apple have the apparatus to pair a home button with the Secure Enclave chip inside the phone.