What's new

5.1 update tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1

Reaction score
After taking the 5.1 update, at the upper left it changed from 3G to 4G next to the AT&T logo. Is this change only for the 4s? Or does it apply to the 3GS and 4 also?

Not sure on if that will show on the older models of iPhones, but do not be fooled, you are not getting real 4G. This was a very sly move on ATT's part and I would not be surprised if they suffer some repercussions from this since you cannot get real 4g without a 4g antenna which no iPhone has yet....

Not sure on if that will show on the older models of iPhones, but do not be fooled, you are not getting real 4G. This was a very sly move on ATT's part and I would not be surprised if they suffer some repercussions from this since you cannot get real 4g without a 4g antenna which no iPhone has yet....

Well it's possible you're correct. However I've noticed there is one particular game I play, that historically won't play unless on WiFi, now plays since the 4G emblem appeared. Could this be some sort of watered down 4G? Or could it be something in the 5.1 update that has created a small increase in speed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.