What's new

4s speaker not working!!!!!

tink351

Reaction score
An someone PLEASE help me!!! Earlier this morning until right before lunch time my speaker had been working fine. While on lunch break I noticed the phone made no sound when I opened it typed and closed it. I tried to play a song and nothing! Tried to open an app and no sound from that either. I checked to see if my mute button was on and it was not. I pushed on the volume up button and it comes up ringer and there's no bars it's like it's all the way down. I went into my settings and the ringtone actually played. I received a call later and it did not play the ringtone. The headphone work, and I can hear Siri but nothing else. Every once in a while when I open the phone it makes the open sound and I go to a song and as soon as I hit play the volume bar goes away and no sound. I've tried restoring my settings, master resetting it, taking the earbugs in and out, and nothing works idk what to do I don't understand how every once in awhile it clicks then nothing. Please help!!!

I just made a phone call and put it on speaker. It worked fine and the side buttons turned the volume up and down. Ended the call and again it doesn't work

I have this same problem!!! I can plug it into my AC jack in the car and it works fine and the volume bar appears. As soon as I pull the jack out the bar disappears! My ringer, Siri, everything else works!

Little more info please:

Jailbroken? If so what tweaks are installed.

I had this once as well but for the life of me cant remember what it was that fixed it.

Tried sending a message to apple and after typing a few lines my keyboard clicks came back. Went to my iPod and it played a song for about 5 seconds then went away again. 2 seconds later it worked again then again went silent now it keeps doing that. I never updated the phone came with 5.1.1

Have you tried any tricks to clean the connector? Most likely thats the issue. The phones thinks its being docked.

I've tried cleaning it several times with no luck.

If your 4s speaker is not working than you have to change the speaker otherwise replace the speaker. I always prefer some best music instruments for working to use the best sounds. I always play the song on best devices.

Did you accidentally hit the "MUTE" button just above the Volume buttons. It slides back and forth actually. I have done that a couple of times and it reacts the same way you describe.

Good Luck!