What's new

4S and Mophie Juice Box Air--"Charging Not Supported by This Accessory?"!!

In my case the issue is specific and repeatable:

iPhone 4 (with iOS5) works fine in the juicepack air, regardless of setup.

iPhone 4S works fine *when the switch is set to the off (red) position.* That is, if the Juice Pack is *not* charging the iPhone when you plug it into the wall, it will begin charging the iPhone just fine.

However, if the switch is set to the on (green) position, and the pack is charging the iPhone 4S prior to plugging it in, the iPhone will display the error message discussed in this thread.

I do not have another iPhone 4S to test, unfortunately. I would be curious if others here could test theirs in both switch positions and see if it's repeatable.

EDIT: This behavior is specific to using a USB power supply, and does not occur when connecting the cable directly to a computer USB port. Have tested with a variety of USB power bricks (both Apple and 3rd party) with same results.

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
This is an interesting scenario you've presented here -- especially that you see this only when using the Apple or third party power supplies, and not by way of a computer USB port.

If you'd like us to look into it more, PM me and let me know and I'll get you set up with a replacement by way of our warranty process. It might be worthwhile for our QC to take a look at at this unit to see if there's something we can determine is slightly out of spec on our end.

The error message doesn't indicate any harm to the phone, but rather that -- in this case, at least -- it is not likely receiving enough juice. The circumstances you said you see the error within are definitely ones in which we expect our product to work (I've charged mine on green all the time using an Apple wall adaptor).

Thanks,

Charles

In my case the issue is specific and repeatable:

iPhone 4 (with iOS5) works fine in the juicepack air, regardless of setup.

iPhone 4S works fine *when the switch is set to the off (red) position.* That is, if the Juice Pack is *not* charging the iPhone when you plug it into the wall, it will begin charging the iPhone just fine.

However, if the switch is set to the on (green) position, and the pack is charging the iPhone 4S prior to plugging it in, the iPhone will display the error message discussed in this thread.

I do not have another iPhone 4S to test, unfortunately. I would be curious if others here could test theirs in both switch positions and see if it's repeatable.

EDIT: This behavior is specific to using a USB power supply, and does not occur when connecting the cable directly to a computer USB port. Have tested with a variety of USB power bricks (both Apple and 3rd party) with same results.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks Charles. YGM. I tried to send a support request directly via the Mophie website, but the tech seems to have decided not to thoroughly read my message and instead "solved" the case by blaming my power adapter. It would be nice if more of the support staff at Mophie would take the time to fully inquire about a situation the way you have here instead of just writing people off so quickly.

Who can give me more advise of the features of iPhone 4s? This time I decide to be a fashion girl which must own a piece of apple product. Now iPhone 4S is the latest and newest device online.

I'm having these same issues, as is my husband. We both have an iPhone 4 with a Mophie air pack. My husband's
mophie has stopped working, so I gave him mine and have ordered a new one as a replacement since it was 3 months over the warranty. I'm using his old one just as a protective covering, & started getting this message when I plug it in to charge (which still works) & he is getting the same message on his in my old mophie. Here's the thing though... I'm running the 5.1 os, but he is still using the 4 whatever before it switched to 5 & up... Any ideas on why this might be...?

I have an iPhone 4s and a Mophie Juice Pack that up until recently was working fine with my phone, however I too am now experiencing the same issue where the message displays, "Charging is Not Supported with this accessory" The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is that I was prompted to update my iOS to 6.1.1 by Apple which may not be compatible with Mophie's software? Any advice the community can share would be appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't had that problem yet. Mophie has a one yet warranty

I'd consider another device in place of Mophie if I were you guys.... I currently have three mophie devices (2 of them are the outdoor models). two of them cost me $119 and one of the outdoor models cost me $149.

Worked great for a while, but one of the $119 outdoor editions starting giving me the "charging not supported by this accessory" message around the 8 month point. Mophie took it back and sent me another brand new one. 4 months later, same thing. I called mophie and started the warranty process again. but this time since i am 2 weeks outside of my initial 12 month warranty period they will not replace it or repair it.

Get this.... during the past two weeks, now my $149 mophie isn't taking a charge. not even going to waste my time dealing with these guys. i've had 4 (including the replaced device) and 3 have broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried the ritual with 3rd party cables of dismissing the message and then unplug/plug and dismiss the message. I have a battery off of ebay that works even with the message iphone 5/ios 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello jcwill1234!

I'm a member of the customer support staff at mophie and I would just like to apologize that you are having a hard time with your products! I would absolutely love to help you get a replacement. Please feel free to email me directly at Email removed. I can look up your information and make sure to get you going with the replacement/exchange process. We would hate to have you give up on us, as we are very grateful to our loyal customers. Don't forget, mophie loves you! I would also be happy to provide you with my personal extension here on our customer service line. Please email me whenever its convenient for you.

Hello jcwill1234!

I'm a member of the customer support staff at mophie and I would just like to apologize that you are having a hard time with your products! I would absolutely love to help you get a replacement. Please feel free to email me directly at Email removed. I can look up your information and make sure to get you going with the replacement/exchange process. We would hate to have you give up on us, as we are very grateful to our loyal customers. Don't forget, mophie loves you! I would also be happy to provide you with my personal extension here on our customer service line. Please email me whenever its convenient for you.

Else,

Hi. over the past 2 months i sent a couple of emails and left you 3 voice mails at your office. would love to talk to you if you wre serious about your offer to help. you can PM me but you should also have my phone and email in my previous messages.

Thank you,
james
EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Email Address

I think we can likely fix that error with a replacement juice pack plus -- assuming there isn't some unidentifiable quirk with how your phone completed the iOS 5 update.Fill out the technical support form at EDITED and one of our team will get you taken care of.
That is a better choice.

Dear James,

I apologize, but I do not see that I have received any voice mails or emails from you. I apologize if this was my mistake in giving you an incorrect extension or if your emails were filtered to my junk mail.

I would suggest calling the customer service line at: 1-888-866-7443 You can either ask for me, or any one of my support staff should be able to help assist you.

My best suggestion, though, would actually be to fill out a support ticket at mophie.com/ts Once that form is filled out you will receive an RMA or case number, in a reply email. You can use this as a reference number when you call in, to help us facilitate a replacement, or help with any technical support questions you may have.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Elise