What's new

4S and Mophie Juice Box Air--"Charging Not Supported by This Accessory?"!!

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Got my 4S this morning and bought a Mophie Juice Pack air. It came 3/4 charged and began to charge the phone. But when I plugged it in using the micro USB, I got the error that charging is not supported with the accessory and the iPhone does not show to be charging, though the Mophie is. Any ideas how to make it work as advertised? Thanks.

Last edited:
U'd better change one...Thousands of chargers work good out there.

I don't know the information about iPhone 4S charger, however, there are many newest design iPhone 4 cases which are compatialbed with iPhone 4S now.

I don't know the information about iPhone 4S charger, however, there are many newest design iPhone 4 cases which are compatialbed with iPhone 4S now.

Thanks. Have decided though I want to try an extended battery case.

Yeah I am having the same issue. The guy at the Apple store said the mophie juice pack would work fine with iPhone 4s. I put the phone in the case and go to plug it in to charge and it says on the phone that charging is not supported. The website of the juice pack says that it should allow for charging without removing it from the case, so I am not sure what the problem is. I may return it and wait from something that says compatible with 4s on the box.

Mine actually worked the second time I tried it after charging the iPhone by itself up to above 20 or 30%. Then I charged them together. It has worked well today. Ran the phone down to 20% ( too quickly I might add) I turned on the morphie air and it charges up to 85% or so. Not quite double as one review said but substantially more. Will keep it and try it since I have 30 days.

Hi Pseudo-Fed,

My name is Charles Mercadal; I am mophie's technical support manager.

It sounds like, other than the error you saw early on, that things have been working mostly as expected for you. If you do notice any peculiar issues, though, please let me know!

I'm glad to hear that you're trying out our product for your battery needs -- we think it is pretty wonderful!

Mine actually worked the second time I tried it after charging the iPhone by itself up to above 20 or 30%. Then I charged them together. It has worked well today. Ran the phone down to 20% ( too quickly I might add) I turned on the morphie air and it charges up to 85% or so. Not quite double as one review said but substantially more. Will keep it and try it since I have 30 days.

I tried mine again as well and for some reason it works quite well now. I am not sure what I did differently but it charges the phone when the pack is off and plugged in and the mophie will charge up the depleted phone when I turn it on. So hopefully day 1 was just a fluke and it will keep working from now on. I hope that it does because it seems like a really nice design.

mercadal said:
Hi Pseudo-Fed,

My name is Charles Mercadal; I am mophie's technical support manager.

It sounds like, other than the error you saw early on, that things have been working mostly as expected for you. If you do notice any peculiar issues, though, please let me know!

I'm glad to hear that you're trying out our product for your battery needs -- we think it is pretty wonderful!

Charles,

I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus that was working fine on my iPhone 4 before I updated the OS to iOS5. After the update, I constantly get this:

90d77a60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Last edited:
I think we can likely fix that error with a replacement juice pack plus -- assuming there isn't some unidentifiable quirk with how your phone completed the iOS 5 update.Fill out the technical support form at EDITED and one of our team will get you taken care of.
Charles, I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus that was working fine on my iPhone 4 before I udated the OS to iOS5. After the update, I constantly get this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I love seeing companies stepping up like this! I've been considering the Morphie Juice Pack Air but have been undecided. Seeing the replies by Charles has convinced me to give Morphie a try. Much thanks!

mercadal said:
I think we can likely fix that error with a replacement juice pack plus -- assuming there isn't some unidentifiable quirk with how your phone completed the iOS 5 update.Fill out the technical support form at https://www.mophie.com/articles.asp?id=153 and one of our team will get you taken care of.

Thank You Sir!
I will, but I feel the issue is with iOS5 and not the Juice Pack. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Charles,
I too applaud you coming to support you product at the sharp end.

I don't have the morph pack, but is the standard iphone4 charger (small one) capable of charging both simultaneously when both are flat?

I read a response above as the poster had to 1st charge his pack and that then charged the phone.

so i assume the pack being partially discharged, but (not at the same time having to charge the phone) was able to re-charge successfully from the limited current available?

Hi crowd pleaser, The regular iPhone wall adapter will charge both the case and the phone simultaneously -- that is to say, you shouldn't have to charge them separately. If both are empty, our smart charging circuitry prioritizes charging the phone until full (though still providing a small amount of charge to the juice pack), then it will complete charging the juice pack.
Charles, I don't have the morph pack, but is the standard iphone4 charger (small one) capable of charging both simultaneously when both are flat? I read a response above as the poster had to 1st charge his pack and that then charged the phone. so i assume the pack being partially discharged, but (not at the same time having to charge the phone) was able to re-charge successfully from the limited current available?

mercadal said:
Hi crowd pleaser, The regular iPhone wall adapter will charge both the case and the phone simultaneously -- that is to say, you shouldn't have to charge them separately. If both are empty, our smart charging circuitry prioritizes charging the phone until full (though still providing a small amount of charge to the juice pack), then it will complete charging the juice pack.

Thanks for the clarification Charles, your showing Apple how to back up their products properly ;).