What's new

4.3.3 - 5.1.1

jockmcd

Reaction score
I all i have iphone4 jailbroken on 4.3.3 and want to upgrade my jailbreak to 5.1.1 without going to 6 , is it possible ? How can i do it if it is possible ? Will i have to reset my phone to factory settings meaning i will lose all that is on my phone at the moment ? Any help appreciated, ta ;-)

Without SHSH blobs for 5.1.1 saved it's not possible...

Since you're currently JB... check Cydia's homepage to see if "5.1.1" is listed @ the top. If it is... use TinyUmbrella to extract the SHSH's from Cydia's server.

On my phone on cydia homepage it has a list across the top of the screen 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.1r1

What does this mean then , i know its ios's but where do i download them from?

I have no clue what to do as already jb on .jailbreak.me. My ipad is on jb on 5.1.1 so i know that i will have to use absinthe as i used that before but my main problem is i dont know how to go from my 4.3.3-5.1.1 on my phone as already , thanks, hopefully you guys will come up trumps and help me out here , thank you ;-)

Thank you Thomas , a was also speaking to a guy where i work and he reckons i could go into dfu mode through itunes and select 5.1.1 upgrade to that then jailbreak ? What do yoi reckon to that ?

Thank you Thomas , a was also speaking to a guy where i work and he reckons i could go into dfu mode through itunes and select 5.1.1 upgrade to that then jailbreak ? What do yoi reckon to that ?
You'll only get iTunes errors using this method. Apple is no longer signing iOS 5.1.1... thus the need for your 5.1.1 SHSH's. Saved SHSH's are Apple's "Virtual Signature" for that particular iOS version.

Cheers bud wwill go your way then: do i d/l tiny umberella to my pc and find ios 5.1.1 an download to pc or do o find ipsw ? Thank you for helping me out i do honestly very much appreciate it, i can be thick sometimes ;-)

So i need both so I , that list of ios is phenomonal , what and why do i need the ipsw ? I thought i could just install ios5.1.1 then jb lol i am being hard work i know :-( sorry

Download the 5.1.1 IPSW that I linked, to your desktop... then you'll need to use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze (in conjunction w/ your 5.1.1 SHSH's) to create a Custom IPSW using the 5.1.1 IPSW that you downloaded. When Apple is no longer signing a particular iOS version.. the only way to downgrade or upgrade to it is through a "Custom" IPSW.

Ideal , fantastic Thomas .
Can I use absinthe to do the restore i know i used absinthe to jb on my ipad3 5.1.1 or can i only use redsnow ?

Can I use absinthe to do the restore i know i used absinthe to jb on my ipad3 5.1.1 or can i only use redsnow ?
That I'm not 100% sure of. I always use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze... not certain if Absinthe has the capability of creating a Custom IPSW, like you need.

Ok Thomas no worries ref the below that you said above

Download the 5.1.1 IPSW that I linked, to your desktop... then you'll need to use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze (in conjunction w/ your 5.1.1 SHSH's) to create a Custom IPSW using the 5.1.1 IPSW that you downloaded. When Apple is no longer signing a particular iOS version.. the only way to downgrade or upgrade to it is through a "Custom" IPSW.
Thomasjtsi
Today 11:37 AM

I will download the 5.1.1ipsw link you sent me. Smashing , its the next bit im consfused on now ?

I will use redsnow so lets forget snowbreeze.

I have no 5.1.1 shsh whatever that may be ? You say i need to use that with redsnow , to create a custom ipsw using the 5.1.1ipsw i downloaded lol jeez i bet this is really simple , i am making hard of of this for sure lol

Thomas or anyone that can help , i have dloaded the ipsw5.1.1 link that you posted for and also dloaded redsnow, do i need to download something else from the other link you posted if not whats my next step ?