What's new

3GS Bricked 4.2.1 BB06.15 First time post

richwright1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum and sorry to be repeating on what a million other users have asked but i am a week in to my hunt for a solution to my problem.

When 4.2.1 was released for my 3gs i inadvertently updated but required the ultrasn0w carrier unlock so used redsn0w to JB my device via the 06.15BB, i remember it was tethered at the time so made sure i never allowed it to switch off... Until last week... This is where it all went wrong.

I tried to use redsn0w to 'just boot tethered for now' and it didnt work so tried to restore via iTunes (even though i recall seeing that i shouldn't do that with the new baseband) that didnt work, i tried to begin the whole process again via redsn0w by installing ipad baseband, again this didnt work. Since this i have tried a million solutions that i have seen posted on various forums but none are specific to just my problem (they are quite generalised and not very in depth) have tried using

itunes restore
tinyumberella
greenpois0n
redsn0w
ireb
sn0wbreeze
etc...

I thought i was pretty comfortable was jailbreaking as have been doing it with my iphones since the 2g but ive come a little unstuck.

currently whatever i try i can only get my phone to go into a bootloop with the apple logo or the itunes restore logo (the one without slide for emergency) and have tried all of the options to take it out of this. and i can obviously get it in DFU mode/pwned DFU mode

The information is going to get a little bit sketchy from here as i have tried so many different things that i cannot remember exactly what point each got me to.

I remember that when attempting a recovery through itunes i did get the progress bar a couple of times but this was days ago (i now cant even get it to this point)

The main issue is that i constantly get the 3194 error through i tunes and have tried adding the code to the host file, removing the host file all together and even tried on 3 different computers. Have tried this with custom FW and original with no joy. It doesnt even get to the progress bar on the phone before itunes kicks up the error.

Could it be that somewhere along the line i have updated it to a differnt FW without realising?

Im not sure if there is any information i can pull from the device for someone with a little more knowledge to see a problem?

Im happy to post a video somewhere if that will help someone to see my problem?

Would appreciate some help, i kept seeing comments about the server address in the host file no longer working since 10/04/2011 but cannot confirm if this is true?

Welcome,

First things first, since you have the iPad baseband your not going to get anywhere without a custom ipsw.

As you've tried a restore you may have got some way towards the latest firmware (4.3.3) so unless you have any SHSH's saved there's not much point in trying to put anything previous to 4.3.3 on your phone.

Download the 4.3.3 firmware for your phone from the link at the bottom of this post. Make sure you have the latest version of snowbreeze and create a custom firmware from the one in the link. Make sure you use baseband preservation mode and you hopefully won't have any problems...

iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw

Hi

Thanks for the info so far, the only issue I have is that this even causes the 3194 error on iTunes so I don't even think it's getting to the point where it starts to restore on the phone

I've tried everything I can think of but can't get past the contacting apple verify software thing?

Use the firmware file in the link I gave you. Create a custom ipsw from that.

What have you done to your hosts file...?

I tried to add the line for the cydia server like the other forums said and that didn't work so tried it as it originally was and also tried removing the host file all together, again seen posts where a number of people are having this problem

If it was me I would start afresh. Completely uninstall iTunes and QuickTime from your computer and restart it. Download the latest iTunes from apple then create your custom firmware from the link in my first post...

So managed to do the custom firmware 4.3.3 and then error 1015 on iTunes as expected but how can I kick out of recovery? Tried tiny umbrella but didn't do anything, don't know if it's because I don't have them shsh blobs saved maybe?

Ideas appreciated

Don't follow the guide in that link it's for an older firmware version.

Tinyumbrella should list your phone under recovery devices. The 'kick out of recovery' button ihe ear the top left...

Yeah I click on kick out of recovery but it doesn't do anything, doesn't give an error or anything but nothing changes

No it doesn't actually do anything at all, I click the kick out of recovery button and then it greys out to indicate I've pressed it and then nothing at all?

Uncheck 'set hosts to cydia on exit' and press apply. Reboot your computer then try the restore process again...

Try using Recboot instead of tiny umbrella to exit dfu/ recovery mode. I found it works better for that purpose.