What's new

3G Wont Boot Past Apple Logo

Temp3007G

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a situation that I have found a lot of others have had and it has stumped me for days. I just bought a iPhone 3G, 8gb to repair. It was showing the "Emergency Call Only" screen and was not recognized by iTunes. I opened it and found the "Number 4" connector was completely unplugged, I plugged it in and closed it up but had the same problem, I replaced the dock connector and battery but now it only trys to boot while plugged in to a wall charger. It will show the Apple logo for about 45 seconds then it fades out and dies. The guy I got it from said it hasn't been jailbroken, and I don't think it had ever been worked on before. I know its old, but its in really nice condition so I'd like to fix it if I can.

Thanks

It might be a kernel problem? See if you can put the device into DFU and if your computer recognizes it. If it doesn't work, then it might be a hard disk/connector problem.

willerz2 said:
It might be a kernel problem? See if you can put the device into DFU and if your computer recognizes it. If it doesn't work, then it might be a hard disk/connector problem.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Yeah I tried to put it into DFU, but it still wasn't recognized. Its really strange because it will show the Apple logo for a bit, and then it fades out.

Thanks again

Are you sure you're in DFU and not recovery. If it still isn't being recognized, then you probably need the entire 30pin port exchanged