What's new

10 times wrong number

brixtonboy

Reaction score
High, just curious l wonder how many owners have this set to delete data. You know just in case that now, you have the possibility to set 6 numbers making it harder to remember than before (4).
I must confess only just set it up, both my I gadgets have 4 l think, hope [emoji38].
I go now to find out what it actually deletes oops.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Nothing is deleted. The iPhone is just, what's that cool word
Bricked. Rest easy folks

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

That depends on your settings for your passcode. It's possible to erase it after 10 failed attempts. It will be bricked and erased, if you enable it.

That depends on your settings for your passcode. It's possible to erase it after 10 failed attempts. It will be bricked and erased, if you enable it.

Can't see that option on my iPhone 5s is there something different on later models?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

It was there before iOS 9 afaik, and I also have it on my iPad Air. It's in Settings - Touch ID & Passcode (or just Passcode, if there's no Touch ID), you'll have to scroll to the bottom to find it: "Erase Data".

Can't see that option on my iPhone 5s is there something different on later models?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

It was there before iOS 9 afaik, and I also have it on my iPad Air. It's in Settings - Touch ID & Passcode (or just Passcode, if there's no Touch ID), you'll have to scroll to the bottom to find it: "Erase Data".
Here's a screenshot.
IMG_1650.JPG

As l said in my first posting I go now to find out what it actually deleted.
I did find something, in an Apple site a guy was worried about his son deliberately deleting the data in his iPhone and wanted to know if this would happen. It appeared not unless l misread it.
Which is not uncommon for me.
I go now to try and find it again, and get a link yes

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

[emoji850][emoji850] Next time l keep my mouth zipped tight.
Now my original question was how many owners have this activated? Like me STILL

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

I've got the erase all data after 10 failed attempts activated too.

I activated this option as well ... figure better safe than sorry! Only real potential "oops" moment I can see is if my kiddies get a hold of my phone and try to break in LOL But, I've got them trained well - they all know that under no circumstance are they to touch dad's phone :D