To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

virus protection

New to iPhone, and wondering what everyone is using for virus protection their iPhones???

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    No virus protection. There is no virus able to affect the iOS so don't worry at all about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bab2010 View Post
    No virus protection. There is no virus able to affect the iOS so don't worry at all about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on recent info on news and net, not sure this is correct statement. i think that is wishful thinking!!

Anyone else have an opinion?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    You still don't need antivirus. It's true the latest update had a security flaw in safari but that has already been patched by apple with 4.3.1...

iPhone 4 iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My Verizon iPhone is on version 4.2.6. How do I upgrade to the latest version you are talking about.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by azonie View Post
    My Verizon iPhone is on version 4.2.6. How do I upgrade to the latest version you are talking about.
    That version is for the gsm model.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    apple iOS is completely safe. I've had apple for a few years now. that's the one feature I love about apple products
    Last edited by iCrank; 03-26-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliCrank View Post
    apple iOS is completely safe. I've had apple for a few years now. that's the one feature I love about apple products
    Are you that naive? Of course it can get viruses. The only reason apple has been "safe" for so long is because they never had any market share, no one used them so why bother wasting time on coding a virus for em? Now that they are becoming overly popular and businesses are starting to use them you can bet people will be working on this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989

Are you that naive? Of course it can get viruses. The only reason apple has been "safe" for so long is because they never had any market share, no one used them so why bother wasting time on coding a virus for em? Now that they are becoming overly popular and businesses are starting to use them you can bet people will be working on this.
    i guess I am. don't you think if someone could do it. it would've been done. you just stated that its been safe for so long. I have never encountered one virus issue with my iOS and at this particular moment in life viruses dont exist (it may exist but won't hurt a iOS/apple products. what do you mean no one used them?
    Last edited by iCrank; 03-27-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliCrank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989

i guess I am. don't you think if someone could do it. it would've been done. you just stated that its been safe for so long. I have never encountered one virus issue with my iOS and at this particular moment in life viruses dont exist (it may exist but won't hurt a iOS/apple products. what do you mean no one used them?
    Macs in general have been safe because of their limited user base. They've only recently become relative. iOS has had worms and such in 09. Iphones and Safari are constantly hacked at pwn2own, even the blackberry got hacked this year by way of apples open source webkit code. So yes, it can easily be done and is naive to think you're completely safe, ever. Will the iPhone get a virus, sure, is it something you need to worry about as a pertinent threat right now? Probably not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links