To register for an account, click here...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmills87 View Post
    They only remove you from your unlimited plan if you use a phone upgrade. If you purchase all your future phones at retail price, they will not remove your unlimited plan.
    That is not accurate. You are grandfathered in. Read your contract.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor205

That is not accurate. You are grandfathered in. Read your contract.
    You sound confident rminor but you are incorrect somewhat. You are grandfathered as long as you buy your new phones at full retail price. You will be able to keep your current data plan. Once you purchase a phone using your upgrade discount you now have "agreed" to a new contract and will be forced to a tiered data plan. No more unlimited data. This has been confirmed with Verizon, has been all over the news and goes into effect at the end of this month. So read your new contract when you upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Member #
    So your saying as long as we don't upgrade we can keep our unlimited plan if so there is always a catch somewhere

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    So your saying as long as we don't upgrade we can keep our unlimited plan if so there is always a catch somewhere
    You can upgrade in one of two ways:
    First you can pay full retail or buy a phone from a third party market like Ebay or Craigslist.
    Secondly you can use an existing upgrade to upgrade a different line on you your contract, assuming that line is not the primary line, the one that controls the contract, or your own line of service. From what I have been told if a secondary line uses an upgrade they will be given the option for a tiered data plan. Then once you get the phone you have to activate it on the line you upgraded, then switch it to which ever line you want and cancel the tiered data plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for iPhoneForums.net
    Respect is Number 1 in the Forums.

Member #
    I have already upgraded to the iPhone with Verizon, had the unlimited data plan before and still do. I didn't get anything in writing, but they seemed to say as long as I stayed with them, I could keep my unlimited data plan.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714

You can upgrade in one of two ways:
    First you can pay full retail or buy a phone from a third party market like Ebay or Craigslist.
    Secondly you can use an existing upgrade to upgrade a different line on you your contract, assuming that line is not the primary line, the one that controls the contract, or your own line of service. From what I have been told if a secondary line uses an upgrade they will be given the option for a tiered data plan. Then once you get the phone you have to activate it on the line you upgraded, then switch it to which ever line you want and cancel the tiered data plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you I would like to keep the same plan I use my phone for work as alot of others
    I hope thi new idea from verizion don't last long

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by danlock View Post
    I have already upgraded to the iPhone with Verizon, had the unlimited data plan before and still do. I didn't get anything in writing, but they seemed to say as long as I stayed with them, I could keep my unlimited data plan.
    Hmmm, they seemed to say??? Don't think that will fly. Verizon, in all phone transactions, gives you several looooong pieces of paper that look like receipts. One of them is the agreement/contract. You did save it, right??

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmi3

Hmmm, they seemed to say??? Don't think that will fly. Verizon, in all phone transactions, gives you several looooong pieces of paper that look like receipts. One of them is the agreement/contract. You did save it, right??
    I think so I would have to look

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmi3 View Post
    Yes, I save everything, would just have to dig it out. I hope that "grandfathered in" statement is true. I got that unlimited plan early on and have kept it through several upgrades.

Member #
    It shouldn't matter if you sign up and you have the unlimited package you should be able to keep I think you should keep it even if you upgrade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links