To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Verizon's "Share Everything"

So I heard verizon will release new "share everything" plans. I only have one device (my iphone 4) & an unlimited data plan (that I use a lot) & I wanted to know if I'm going to end up paying more for my service. I checked verizon's website & they said: "You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone." Now does this mean that come october when I get my phone upgrade (hoping for an iphone 5) that I will have to pay full retail price for a new phone unless I want to downgrade to a limited data plan? Verizon seems to kinda dodge the question on this one & if they did that it would really suck!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    They only remove you from your unlimited plan if you use a phone upgrade. If you purchase all your future phones at retail price, they will not remove your unlimited plan.
    White iPhone5(CDMA) - iOS 6.1.2 - Jailbroken with Evasi0n 1.5
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Have a jailbreaking/unlocking question? Ask me
    Forum Rules Here(PLEASE READ!) iPhoneForums staff

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That blows...

Member #
    ugh! I feel ya. I also have an upgrade available (November) and was hoping to snag the iPhone 5 at a discount, but not at the cost of giving up my unlimited data.
    Full retail is depressing but not as depressing as a capped data plan. Time to start saving for that big price tag!

Member #
    Total BS!!! My wife and I will be leaving verizion soon as our contract ends. Sucks too cuz we both have iPhone 4s and love the unlimited plan. We were both also looking forward to the iPhone 5 and using phone upgrades when the time came but not now.... Oh well time to find a better carrier...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I was waiting for my upgrade otherwise I would of bought the 4s when it came out. I feel totally jipped out of my phone upgrade now! When I switch carriers I'm gonna make sure they don't try this nonsense before I sign anything...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bikela View Post
    I was waiting for my upgrade otherwise I would of bought the 4s when it came out. I feel totally jipped out of my phone upgrade now! When I switch carriers I'm gonna make sure they don't try this nonsense before I sign anything...
    Be careful what you wish for! Verizon is only the first to unload unlimited plans. Others (ATT&T) will probably do the same. If you haven't noticed, carriers can do anything they want. If the Verizon phone works well in your area, research the signal capability of that 'other' carrier before you switch.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    If I were to buy a 4s locally like from someone on Craigslist. Would I be able to keep my unlimited data?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJinrang View Post
    If I were to buy a 4s locally like from someone on Craigslist. Would I be able to keep my unlimited data?
    That is correct. Unless you purchase a subsidized phone through Verizon, your plan will stay completely intact.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    That is correct. Unless you purchase a subsidized phone through Verizon, your plan will stay completely intact.
    Sounds like a plan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links