To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited data

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Unlimited data

As long as I get a used iPhone 5 or buy it at full retail I will be able to keep my unlimited data correct or will I have to change my plan regardless because of 4g?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    You'll keep your unlimited, yes. However it'll only be 3G speeds... until they throttle of course.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So in order to get 4g speeds I have to up date to a 4g plan. That sucks! When I had my galaxy nexus which was maybe a year ago I picked up 4g whenever I was in a 4g area.
    Last edited by hinds90; 12-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hinds90
    So in order to get 4g speeds I have to up date to a 4g plan. That sucks! When I had my galaxy nexus which was maybe a year ago I picked up 4g whenever I was in a 4g area.
    All you do is buy the iPhone 5 at full retail and put it on your line that has a smartphone on it already. The unlimited data remains on there. Now it just says that it is 4G data. Same price. And there is no throttling with Verizon. I went through this month only using my unlimited data and I managed to pull off 10GB of data. I did speed tests throughout the month and there was no throttling on my iPhone 5. It was pulling 25mbps download and 17mbps upload on average.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWirelessCartel View Post
    All you do is buy the iPhone 5 at full retail and put it on your line that has a smartphone on it already. The unlimited data remains on there. Now it just says that it is 4G data. Same price. And there is no throttling with Verizon. I went through this month only using my unlimited data and I managed to pull off 10GB of data. I did speed tests throughout the month and there was no throttling on my iPhone 5. It was pulling 25mbps download and 17mbps upload on average.
    This is correct... and I apologize for my mis-post previously. I was going off of AT&T spects for continuing on their Unlimited Data plans. Verizon will continue the Unlimited Data w/ 4G and they do not throttle at all from what I understand.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Unlimited data

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasjtsi View Post
    This is correct... and I apologize for my mis-post previously. I was going off of AT&T spects for continuing on their Unlimited Data plans. Verizon will continue the Unlimited Data w/ 4G and they do not throttle at all from what I understand.
    We will be able to keep unlimited data??

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
    iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Lol that is great news. Last question I know you said full retail but does that apply to used also? There's a lot of misinformation about this online. I asked this exact same question on another forum and I was told the exact oppisite of what thewirelesscartel said.

Thanks for all the help guys. Now to wait and hunt for a decently priced used iPhone 5 32gb.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Regardless of which wireless provider... the only guaranteed way to continue on w/ your Unlimited Data is to purchase a device at full price or, hinds90, switch over to a used device. Purchasing a phone @ a wireless providers subsidized price for a 2yr contract extension is what will kick you out of the Unlimited Data.

Member #
    This Is how it was explained to me I will keep my unlimited data if i bring in any Verizon smartphone or buy a new phone at full retail my contract will not change but if you upgrade you will lose unlimited data

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcb
    This Is how it was explained to me I will keep my unlimited data if i bring in any Verizon smartphone or buy a new phone at full retail my contract will not change but if you upgrade you will lose unlimited data
    Exactly. Keep in mind. They will not allow you to insure the phone either. You have to wait for open enrollment and only some phones qualify. You can however get insurance elsewhere. Kind of their way of trying to push people out of unlimited data.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links