To register for an account, click here...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    I also had loaaaads of problems after installing IOS 5 Beta 4.

Had a hard time activating it as I didnt have a dev account, and after I finally got it activated it wasn't worth much for me, so decided to go back to my 4.2.1 and I spend like 12 hours because of the recovery loop...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I have said many time before you are at risk Asa forum we don't recommend playing with beta software unless you understand t.he rules and do it through an authorized developer. It is obvious from the many posts that so many have gotminto trouble. Beta is beta not released software and it is totally controlled by Apple whommhave cut off dates etc so user beware.
    Cheers Colin
    Administrator
    Brisbane Australia
    Certified Apple Product Professional

Member #
    Thanks for the info.....

Had I known it was against apple policy to buy/sell Beta slots I wouldnt have done it. Why else would they give 100 slots to a DEV?? And if they can make a few bucks off of it I have no problem with that, but I guess Apple does.

I'm finding out that I should just leave well enough alone with my iphone and enjoy it for what it is....which is a great phone right out of the box. I've owned a couple Droids and BB's and the iphone is the best.

I've been jailbroken before and didnt like all the crashing and instability.

Beta 5.5 sucks for me. I currently trying to reinstall it, plugged into itunes, not OTA.

I would still like to get back to stock, without Jailbreaking, if anyone can offer any suggestions

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Just uninstall iTunes from your computer then download the latest (non beta) version form the iTunes website. iTunes will tell you your phones software is too new to use with that version then you can restore your phone...

iPhone 4 iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know a lot of people on various iPhone forums that downloaded IOS 5 that are highly concerned, although if I was the one giving out the code I would be even more concerned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz6076 View Post
    Just uninstall iTunes from your computer then download the latest (non beta) version form the iTunes website. iTunes will tell you your phones software is too new to use with that version then you can restore your phone...
    Thanks for the info, although I've tried that once and the older iTunes wouldnt install due to a newer version had been previously used. I followed what I believe to be the proper delete procedure that I found online, but still couldnt downgrade iTunes. Maybe I need to try again.

I just sucessfully downgraded to Beta 4 in the last hour and am trying to restore my contacts, etc..

Administrator
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    Liked
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wad
    Thanx a lot for this great info, darkstar how can you tel that so many peoples will not affect by these prob. Is there any solution for the affected peoples????
    Your welcome wad!The only solution I know of is to delete the beta iTunes and download the public version and do a restore. I can't tell if many people will, or won't be affected. I just hope they're not. Although I can see it affecting a lot of people, due to all the websites dedicated to buying a iOS 5 beta slot. Who knows though? Lol. like I said I hope they're not affected!
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar2007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wad
    Thanx a lot for this great info, darkstar how can you tel that so many peoples will not affect by these prob. Is there any solution for the affected peoples????
    Your welcome wad!The only solution I know of is to delete the beta iTunes and download the public version and do a restore. I can't tell if many people will, or won't be affected. I just hope they're not. Although I can see it affecting a lot of people, due to all the websites dedicated to buying a iOS 5 beta slot. Who knows though? Lol. like I said I hope they're not affected!

Good luck, I can't get my iTunes to update or restore. The only way I got iOS 4 back on was to use redsn0w to load 4.2.6 jailbroken. iTunes won't update, restore, or do anything now. Keeps giving me a 3194 error saying I need to update to the latest version of iTunes, which I'm using (10.4.0.80 is what I just downloaded to double check). Is there any way to force feed my phone a complete reinstal of iOS outside of iTunes? Can Verizon do it at their store?

Member #
    If you run into Error 3194 within iTunes when you are trying to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can fix it by temporarily blocking Apple’s firmware signing services. Error 3194 seems to be triggered when unsigned firmware is used, often during an iOS downgrade or even during some restores. Here’s how to resolve the error:
    Fix Error 3194

The fix is the same regardless of what operating system you are using:
    • Quit iTunes
    • Locate your hosts file, in Mac OS X this is /etc/hosts and in Windows this is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    • Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges
    • Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:
    • 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    • Connect your iPhone to the computer
    • Launch iTunes
    • Put the iPhone/iPad/iPod into DFU mode by turning the phone off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
    • Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device
    Once your iOS update is finished, remove the “74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com” line from your hosts file again so that iTunes can properly update as usual. If you need them, you can get iPhone firmware, iPad firmware, and iPod touch firmware directly from Apple.
    If you are wondering what the IP address is that you are reassociating gs.apple.com with, it’s saurik’s (of Cydia fame) signing server.
    Last edited by iGaz; 08-09-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Links removed

Member #
    Wow, sweet! I'll try that when I get home tonight. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links