To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imessage

Member #

Imessage

I am having problems with IMessage, I don't recieve messages sent from an iPhone to my actual number. The person with an iPhone texting me has to send it to my email address in order for me to recieve it. Can someone tell me why an how to fix it please? Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Settings -> messages -> receive at-> make sure your phone number is selected

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Also try a search first this same question gets asked almost every day.

Member #
    I did the whole settings thing, but my Phone number is gray, cant click on it and my email is highlighted and when I click on it, it's asking if I want to delete the address and when I try to click on it, it wont let me

Member #
    Delete the mail accounts that's on your phone.

Member #
    I'm having the same issue and it will not let me delete my email account or highlight my phone number. People are receiving my text messages from my email account associated with my apple ID

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    So what...What's the big deal any way. Suppose to use your email address any way. When I iMessage my friends with iPhones, I get there name, and there email is under it. Whats the big deal???lol At least then i know its messaging through iMessage instead of my carrier.lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    You need to sign out of your apple id. That is the way I fixed it. And also it isnt a big deal and plus iMessage is still thru your carrier. It is still counted as text messages just thru iMessage lol if you look at how much text you send and you send it thru Imdssage it would still be counted in the how much text you send

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swtguyana24
    You need to sign out of your apple id. That is the way I fixed it. And also it isnt a big deal and plus iMessage is still thru your carrier. It is still counted as text messages just thru iMessage lol if you look at how much text you send and you send it thru Imdssage it would still be counted in the how much text you send
    That makes no sense...if your carrier is charging you txt for iMessage...they cannot do that.

iMessage is NOT suppose to show as a regular txt. That defeats the entire purpose of iMessage. You do realize that rite?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swtguyana24 View Post
    Wrong!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links