To register for an account, click here...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    All in all im pretty dissapointed with photo stream,in my opinon Apple put this out far too too soon,it isnt good enough.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    All in all im pretty dissapointed with photo stream,in my opinon Apple put this out far too too soon,it isnt good enough.
    If it were designed as a true "mirror syncing" functionality it would be amazing. But Apple built a watered down function here - so unlike them. We force them to give us new and better stuff every year. Photo Stream DOES work perfectly according to its design. It's just a poor design at this point. Your situation is unique, PoisonIvy. Though a full restore is a pain - I'm 99.9% sure Photo Stream would work according to design after you restored. Something's unstable in your system at this point in time.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    If it were designed as a true "mirror syncing" functionality it would be amazing. But Apple built a watered down function here - so unlike them. We force them to give us new and better stuff every year. Photo Stream DOES work perfectly according to its design. It's just a poor design at this point. Your situation is unique, PoisonIvy. Though a full restore is a pain - I'm 99.9% sure Photo Stream would work according to design after you restored. Something's unstable in your system at this point in time.
    an update here,last night among other things i tried a hard reset on my iPad and it didn't help,i tried it again today and my photos appeared in photo stream,i have taken a couple more and they appeared right away so keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep working,thanks for the help guys.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    It is possible it was simply a server issue. IE they were overloaded because only a few were working or the routers were acting up.
    Facts are the first casualty of bad information.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    It is possible it was simply a server issue. IE they were overloaded because only a few were working or the routers were acting up.
    i don't,its not the first time i had that problem,I'm going to make sure i have over 20% battery power as i think that it a factor,when i googled i saw many people who are having problems with photo stream so hopefully my posting it will help others too.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    I can now confirm that 20% battery does in fact turn off photo stream. It also seems that you can only delete a photo across all devices if you use iPhoto under OSX or delete it from the photo stream of the iOS device that uploaded it. But I need to do more testing to be 100% sure.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    I can now confirm that 20% battery does in fact turn off photo stream. It also seems that you can only delete a photo across all devices if you use iPhoto under OSX or delete it from the photo stream of the iOS device that uploaded it. But I need to do more testing to be 100% sure.
    yes,i thought there had to be something in the battery theory.
    If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

iPhoneforums Administrator.
    iPadforums Moderator.
    Appleforums Moderator

If any advice given by a member or a moderator helped with your problem let us know, It may help others.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    But Apple doesn't tell you the battery factor in any of it's update readme's. Aaaargh!
    It also seems that you can only delete a photo across all devices if you use iPhoto under OSX or delete it from the photo stream of the iOS device that uploaded it. But I need to do more testing to be 100% sure.
    Deletion from Photo Stream from within an iDevice itself isn't possible at all. A delete button for PhotoStream only appears in iPhoto on your computer.
    Last edited by pianoman; 04-15-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Another interesting unexpected aspect of PhotoStream deletion happened yesterday when I did something by accident. There's a moment after iPhoto has imported photos from your iPad or iPhone where it asks you if you want to "keep the photos" on the iDevice or "delete" them. I accidentally hit delete photos when I normally always say keep. These photos were taken over an hour before and had already propagated to photo stream. But choosing the delete option after the import to iPhoto was complete also deleted them from photo stream. ?!?

Up to this point no deletion from photo stream has been working for me at all. But in this little mishap - this was the first deletion I've ever experienced from photo stream.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman
    But Apple doesn't tell you the battery factor in any of it's update readme's. Aaaargh!Deletion from Photo Stream from within an iDevice itself isn't possible at all. A delete button for PhotoStream only appears in iPhoto on your computer.
    You are not on the official iOS 5.1 release then. Because that feature was added last year in the 5.1 betas. I have been using it for over four months. The only issue they had during the betas was propagating the delete across all devices. They fixed the iOS 5.1 side when the final was released with the launch of the iPad (3rd Gen) but didn't finish the server side code until two weeks later. And iPhoto wasn't fixed until two weeks ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links