To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19
    Member #
    31162

    Do you know any rich people IRL? Are they happy?

    I want to put an end to the whole money=happiness debate. I'm not rich so I can't say for certain that money makes you happy so I guess the next best way is to see what rich people IRL are like. I only know one guy who goes to my gym, owns a couple apartments, invests, is handing down his busienss to his son, easily multi millionaire, and he seems to be pretty content. Not like happy 24/7, just content. I asked him what it's like to be rich and he said the best thing is that he and his wife don't fight over the little money things. Like if she needs $50, he goes OK and gives it to her. Before when they started out, they fought over $20 spent but now it's no biggie. LOL!

    So I guess from my example, money buys contentmnet, not happiness. What about you guys? How is life for people you know who are rich IRL?



  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,185
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    997 times
    I dont know the answer but the comedien Billy Connelly once said"iv been rich and iv been poor and believe me rich is better"

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    37225
    With out money life sucks with money life is great

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nicosia
    Posts
    11,651
    Game Center ID
    Unleashed83
    Member #
    55
    Liked
    203 times
    Sure does make life so much easier.. never having to work and being able to buy all the finer things in life, but some times I could imagine if you where born into money it would be hard to meet people with out thinking "do they like me for me, or for my money?" I think with some people that really makes things harder.. your friend at the gym seems to have made the money later on in life so he knows his partner is not with him for the money.

    Thats surprising though a rich guy going to the gym, usually they are not caring how they look because they are too busy throwing around that cash lol. Nice car, huge house(s), the best of the electronic world, sounds like it would be heaven and I cant imagine that it would not bring you happiness, its always come across as something people would say to make them not feel so bad about not being rich? That is what some rich people would say.

    When I win the lottery that I never play I will let you know ;p
    iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5c 32GB Blue (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5 64GB White (Factory Unlocked)

    iPhone 4 32GB Black (Factory Unlocked)

    iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G

    Firmware: What ever the latest one is: 7.XX

    Unleashed@iphoneforums.net

    Forum Rules





  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    332
    Member #
    45515
    Liked
    13 times
    I have a very good friend who is rich. Her husband owns an internet marketing company and they just moved into their new $3.7million house.
    They both drive luxury cars and have the best of everything.
    Are they happy? Yes, they are. They've just had baby# 3 and really have a privileged life. It does make me a little jealous sometimes but I try not to dwell on it. She's my friend, so I just try to be happy for her.
    ~Nikki~



  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nicosia
    Posts
    11,651
    Game Center ID
    Unleashed83
    Member #
    55
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikstar View Post
    I have a very good friend who is rich. Her husband owns an internet marketing company and they just moved into their new $3.7million house.
    They both drive luxury cars and have the best of everything.
    Are they happy? Yes, they are. They've just had baby# 3 and really have a privileged life. It does make me a little jealous sometimes but I try not to dwell on it. She's my friend, so I just try to be happy for her.
    try?;p heheh im just hiding sorry.. but that is very nice for them as well not just thinking of themselves but raising lots of kids as well and being able to give them a very good life and buy everything for their children. You work hard and play harder later and I bet that internet company took a lot of hard work to get it at that point where they are making so many millions.
    iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5c 32GB Blue (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5 64GB White (Factory Unlocked)

    iPhone 4 32GB Black (Factory Unlocked)

    iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G

    Firmware: What ever the latest one is: 7.XX

    Unleashed@iphoneforums.net

    Forum Rules





  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,185
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    997 times
    people say really daft things when someone comes into money,like"money can't buy good health" and "ah but will it make them happy?"it wouldn't make me happy,it would make me ecstatic lol.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,425
    Member #
    38513
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    people say really daft things when someone comes into money,like"money can't buy good health" and "ah but will it make them happy?"it wouldn't make me happy,it would make me ecstatic lol.
    I earn more than the average tax payer and I'd say I love nothing better than if I want/need something I don't have to save for 12 months or dip into holiday money to buy it. So to quote ivy. Yes it does make you very happy and stress free. Anyone who says differently is either wishing they really had money, or are lying!


    iHolophyte
    iHolophyte

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,185
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    997 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iHolophyte View Post
    I earn more than the average tax payer and I'd say I love nothing better than if I want/need something I don't have to save for 12 months or dip into holiday money to buy it. So to quote ivy. Yes it does make you very happy and stress free. Anyone who says differently is either wishing they really had money, or are lying!


    iHolophyte
    some people though do have to save for what they want and i really believe that when you have to save for say a new idevice you will really appreciate it when you can eventually afford to go and buy it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,425
    Member #
    38513
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    some people though do have to save for what they want and i really believe that when you have to save for say a new idevice you will really appreciate it when you can eventually afford to go and buy it.
    Or you can appreciate it months before the poorer person can appreciated it months later 😜...I'm kidding I know what you mean


    iHolophyte
    iHolophyte


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:55 AM
  2. Hi People
    By Simzy in forum New Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Hi people!
    By azzazinclaus in forum New Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
  4. Hi people!
    By vava in forum New Members
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 07:13 AM

Search tags for this page

are there any happy rich people
,
do you know any happy people
,

do you know any rich people

,
emoticons iphone
Click on a term to search for related topics.