To register for an account, click here...

Thread: Walmart vs AT&T

Member #

Walmart vs AT&T

Hello everyone. This is my first time on here, and I need advice. I'm not real tech savy, but can usally navigate most devices. Enough to get by anyway. What I need to know is; Walmart is selling Iphone 4 for $147, AT&T for $199. I plan on buying 3. AT&T says they will set the phones up for us. What does that mean? Are they so complicated the average person can't operate them. I would like to save the $156 dollar difference between AT&T and Walmart. Does anyone know of a reason to get them at AT&T instead of Walmart. I appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
    Last edited by garyb63; 06-14-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Didn't put a heading

Member #

Smile I'm going to Walmart

Gary, I just bought my iPhone 4 from ATT and regret not checking prices first. Here's another reason to go Walmart - they charge tax on the $147 but ATT taxes the list price, not the $199. That's about $50 (price) + $65 (tax) more at ATT. As for "setting up" all ATT did was register the phone and hand it to me. The phone is very intuitive and easy to learn.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The phone is very very easy to use. Heck, if I can use it anyone can! So if you can save money by buying through Walmart, go for it!
    Loving life with my iPhone 5s and iPad 2!!! Jailbreak my iPhone? Nope.. no way, no how!
    Have been an iPhone user since April 2011

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Go to Wal*Mart and TAKE YOUR TIME with the salesman while he sets it up. Unless you want to retain an old phone number, Wal*Mart can do everything ATT can. Again, make sure your salesman explains everything. You can learn more about the iPhone later, either here or by reading the user's manual which is located in your phone.

Member #
    Thanks to all for the advice. I got the phones at Wal*Mart. I just brought them home in the box, unopened. Using forum and other online help, I was up and running in no time. I'm still learning some of the features, but can call, text, use email, surf the web, etc. The hardest part now is to decide which of the thousands of apps to download. Thanks again to all. This is a very helpful site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm so glad that you're up and running!
    Loving life with my iPhone 5s and iPad 2!!! Jailbreak my iPhone? Nope.. no way, no how!
    Have been an iPhone user since April 2011

Links