To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Former Blackberry user

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Former Blackberry user

Hi all. I am swithcing over this week from a Blackberry Storm 2 to an iPhone 4s. I weighed the options and looked at what I do and the iPhone 5 is more than what i really need or would use. To be honest, so was the Storm 2.

The reason I'm switching is because my Storm 2's screen cracked this weekend when I dropped it. Also, the phone has been discontinued by VZW and RIM so I can't even find screen protectors anymore. I guess in the cell phone world, 2 years is a life time.

Anyway, the 4S gets here Wednesday. I hope I made the right choice!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Welcome to iPhoneForums.net! Here's a few links to check out and get you started... enjoy! Forum Rules | iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners
    Thomasjtsi, iPF Staff

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Congrats on the upgrade and welcome to the forum!

VTR
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    G'day and welcome to the ForuM!!!
    a heterogeneous mixture containing solid particles that are sufficiently large for sedimentation

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Former Blackberry user

Hello and welcome to the community!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard6 View Post
    Hi all. I am swithcing over this week from a Blackberry Storm 2 to an iPhone 4s. I weighed the options and looked at what I do and the iPhone 5 is more than what i really need or would use. To be honest, so was the Storm 2.

The reason I'm switching is because my Storm 2's screen cracked this weekend when I dropped it. Also, the phone has been discontinued by VZW and RIM so I can't even find screen protectors anymore. I guess in the cell phone world, 2 years is a life time.

Anyway, the 4S gets here Wednesday. I hope I made the right choice!
    Good gravy wildcard6 how in the world did you put up with that Blackberry Storm 2? Welcome to the world of real touch screen phones.

I had a Storm and a Storm2. Had some hardware issues with the Storm 2 and I was waiting for help. Started playing with the Original Motorola Droid. I new right then and there that Blackberry was light years behind and I took the Droid home with me.

Being a Verizon customer the iPhone was unavailable to me until recently. Now I have an iPhone 5 and I know you will just love it. Good to have you here, you're going to love your new phone.
    My name is for the birds. It's not Bill. Please just call me "hook." And remember to be respectful. We are all here to help each other.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I had a Storm and a Storm2. Had some hardware issues with the Storm 2 and I was waiting for help. Now I have an iPhone 5 and I know you will just love it. Good to have you here, you're going to love your new phone.
    I tried the Droid for 10 days between the Storm and the S2. I wasn't impressed with it so went to the S2 which is what the original Storm should have been. Keep in mind the Storm was my first smart phone. The S2 was a tough and sturdy little phone and it served me well for two years. As I said, most of what I do is texting and calls with some pix, so I'm not looking for a whole lot from a Smart Phone. BUT.... since the days of the old flip phones are long behind us, there aren't lots of choices out there.

Anyway, I'm just glad the iphone is on multiple carriers now because truth be told, if it had been on Verizon from the get go, I may not ha ve ever bothered with the Storm.

As far as RIM goes, they are dropping BB OS 10 and a slew of new devices next year. I'm curious to see what they will come up with after getting pasted by Apple and Google.

Anyway, the new phone arrives some time today, so as soon as I'm up and running, I'll post something here. Thanks for the welcomes from everyone. Glad to be aboard!
    hookbill likes this.

Member #
    I went from a BB Tour to a 4S. I think you'll be happy with it.

Al

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yep. Posting this from the new device. I miss my S2, but only a little. I can't believe the increase in usability over the S2! Incredible! Does anyone have a good texting app to recommend that allows you to input more than 160 characters?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Actually, disregard the above post. The iphone automatically breaks up the message for me, which is all I wanted. On the S2, I had to send the message as soon as I hit 160 characters and then and then continue with a new one.

I just called 2005 and told them I'm sending their S2 back....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links