To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Converting from Android to iOS

I've been using the Motorola Droid 1 for about a year and a half and I'm about to make the switch to the iPhone 4, which is finallyavailable on Verizon!!!

Although the D1 has been a great phone, I've had to factory reset it a couple times. I'm tired of it lagging and all the software conflicts, mainly due to Android's "open development" and D1's 500mhz cpu . I've heard that iOS runs extremely smooth and never lags, so I have very high expectations.

This will be my very first iPhone, I've never even had an iPod touch, so I welcome any and all advice, especially from those who were former Android users.

Member #
    Watch YouTube videos and learn as much as you can I would also hold out for a 4g phone and for you andriod root the damn thing and put ulitmate droid on it with a 800mhz kernel than you won't have so much freezing on the phone take my advice trust me

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew149 View Post
    Watch YouTube videos and learn as much as you can I would also hold out for a 4g phone and for you andriod root the damn thing and put ulitmate droid on it with a 800mhz kernel than you won't have so much freezing on the phone take my advice trust me
    Sounds like your advice is to NOT get the iPhone 4 as rooting my D1 should solve my frustration?

I've tried 3 different methods to root my D1 and was unsuccessful all 3 times.

I just want a phone that works well without me having to "tweak" or hack it.

I'll check out Youtube.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Struong57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew149 View Post
    Sounds like your advice is to NOT get the iPhone 4 as rooting my D1 should solve my frustration?

I've tried 3 different methods to root my D1 and was unsuccessful all 3 times.

I just want a phone that works well without me having to "tweak" or hack it.

I'll check out Youtube.
    Don't take others opinions to heart. This is your decision. You can't go wrong either way. I have an Incredible as my personal rooted and got the iPhone for my wife for Valentine's Day. The iPhone is a beautiful piece of hardware.

Member #
    me too went from droid to iphone kinda scared

Member #
    New iPhone owner here too (and to these forums!) 5 days into Verizon IPhone coming over from Fascinate and have no regrets. iOS is so smooth who no lag (compared to Android 2.1) and the app quality blows the marketplace away. Have IPad, MacBook and now IPhone and I'm thrilled.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Enjoy. Have FUN

Member #
    after Android 2.3 Gingerbread’s release, iDroid team now again released iDroid MoJo V1.0.5 after they’ve successfully ported Android into iPhone...amazing?

Member #
    People are also working on ports to the iPhone 4/iPad and ipt2g. Can't wait!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links