To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Apple is reportedly testing the 5-inch iPhone Maxi

News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Apple is reportedly testing the 5-inch iPhone Maxi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28902496.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	10674

The iPhone 5 has been released only a few short months ago, but the tech community can’t still get enough of it. Nevertheless, Cupertino seems to be moving on and according to some recent information, has started preparations to release other pieces of technology.

CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets stated in a research note released this week that the tech giant is more likely to launch a larger version of the iPhone than a cheaper model, in order to maintain its top-notch brand image. More than that, the firm believes that Cupertino is actively testing four new models of its iconic smartphone. First off, we have a revamped version of the iPhone 5 dubbed the iPhone 5S and a iPhone 5 version that features a wider screen nicknamed “iPhone Maxi” (the screen is supposedly sized between 4.8 and 5 inches). The other two versions are apparently two iPhone Mini lower end models.

Even if publications such as the Wall Street Journal deem the release of a iPhone Mini more possible, CLSA maintains that the Maxi version is probably what the tech giant is going to launch after all. Head of technology research at CLSA, Nicolas Baratte, explained the position taken up by the firm:

“(In contrast) giving consumers choices of a regular iPhone and of an iPhone Maxi sized about 5 inches appears simpler and shouldn't lead to significantly lower margins.”

CLSA concluded that if Cupertino would include the iPhone Mini and the iPhone Maxi in its portfolio, the company could end up selling up to 286 million iPhones by 2014. The current estimate is somewhere around 202 million.

Source: FocusTaiwan
    CoNsPiRiSiZe and Darkstar2007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    A larger iPhone would be the logical thing to do. Although they will have to scrap that advert saying the iPhone 5 is the perfect size lol.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    I type on my iPhone 5 keyboard with one hand all the time. I find it too awkward to do it with both hands.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules before posting.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/fo...r-rules-30950/

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'll have given it a try buy two hands feel better to me IMHO.... But that's just me and I'm faster with two hands..... Rather thumbs... Lol
    iphone5 16g black!

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

I'm typing with one hand right now with my 4s no problem

Tapatalking up in ya
    I am that dude ..

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    i actually make more mistakes typing with 2 hands

Member #
    All they have to do is make an iPhone about 4.5 or 4.7 inches keep the i5 and there it is everyone is happy most of us have tablets and don't desire phablets.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Coming from a nexus that had a 4.5 inch screen I do miss the bigger screen at times. But I find it harder to use one hand on the iphone5 then my old nexus. Mainly cause the back button on apple is usually in the upper left corner and I use my right hand. On a android you have a back button down at the bottom. If apple goes to a 5 inch they might want to re think the software to have back button in closer reach of one hand use.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Make it wider.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

I agree make it wider but same hight apple can keep up with the times and make a 4.5 inch screen

Tapatalking up in ya
    I am that dude ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links